Gift.

(Warning: this chapter is exceptionally bad.)

     Her mouth opened into a silent scream at the sight. She stared at what had been left in front of the door... tears coming out of her eyes.
     Again... marigold, Rosemary, thyme, wildflowers, and reishi mushrooms had been left around a gruesome sight...
    A human heart lay in the center of the foliage... and a small.... fetus... laid underneath. Y/N knew exactly who's heart and fetus was laying on the pile...
    The doctor had never been disgusted by blood or death... but this... this was different.
     Her hands shook in terror as she loosed her stomach on the dirt, clutching her chest as choked sobs came up... the poor girl was mortified... the sight so unexplainably worse than the body in the town square... her heart... her baby. Oh god her baby...
    Her mind reeled... what... what was she supposed to do? Tell the mayor...? Run? Scream? Her body was frozen... her mind blank with fear, her stomach filled with extreme nausea.
The blood inside her turned cold as she felt hot breaths at her neck, staring with eyes as wide as saucers, eyes locked on the 'arrangement' at her door step.
Wet, hot, heavy breaths were blown into the back of her head and neck, the rasp of a growl... as two... black, furry and taloned hands laid on the ground beside her feet, digging into the soil.
"Th-the s-same prints as the sheep." She whispered meekly to herself... she didn't know why the words came out with the inner realization... but she knew... she just knew she was going to die...
Some sort of.. wet... sticky liquid dropped onto her head, down her neck, making her shiver and cringe, but did not dare to wipe it off... noticing the sun had almost set now... it was almost dark... she hadn't even noticed until now.
It seems you notice things before you die... is that what some of her patients notice? The way some of the wood is mossy on the front of her house? That she never fixed her squeaky door handle...? Her mind seemed to calm slightly at these random, unhelpful thoughts.
She was pulled back into the world as a deep, low and soft growl came out of its mouth.
"I won't be able to help them if... if you kill me." She whispered weakly, as if the creature would care, tears cascading down her cheeks... If the doctor had seen herself another day, she would've called herself pathetic for crying and freezing up in this high stress situation. The h/c was a doctor... she's not supposed to be frozen in fear... but here she is... watching one of the taloned hands rise from the ground... gently placing the smooth curve of the claw under her chin... feeling more, wet, warm and sticky substance drop on her head and neck, thoroughly disgusted and terrified.
The other hand of the creature now pointed to the heart on her doorstep... Y/N was confused, how is it standing without its two front paws on the ground? She knew she truly had no idea what was behind her.
"Gift." A word... was spoken behind her. The voice was extremely deep and raspy, a growl to the word... and a strange slur, similar to how a bird would say words as they don't have lips; they have beaks.
The doctor was now terrified. It can talk.
This monster had intelligence, and that was enough to mortify anyone. "Gift... heart... baby... plant." The voice spoke again, pointing to the items, it's English horribly broken, the words hard to hear, as Y/N just watched is petrified silence. "Fetus... for... good litter." It seemed to be explaining... it's... 'gift'.
"Heart... mate..." It spoke again, the words seeming to be hard for it... before it pointed to the plants. "For health... because you." It then pointed to the shaking girl... she didn't... exactly understand.
"W-w-why... why her... b-baby... her heart... why did you kill her..?" She whispered, her voice choked by sobs, not talking any better than the beast.
"Because."
"B-because?"
"Because gift... gift for mate." It explained so blandly... Y/N not understanding, terrified and confused... this was... a gift... for a mate... for what mate? Her?
"What are you..." She managed to get out with her terribly shaken voice

"Turn around."