Ch.10 : Echoes

Why does this must happen to me? Why must the people around me to be hurt? Why not me? First, Kou. Now, Keiji? Why... Why... Why me??

Y/n... Akaashi appeared in front of her with a sweet smile on his lips.

Keiji??  She reached out her hand to hug Akaashi but she caught nothing. She can't touch him. She can't reach out to him. Keiji, why? Why can't I touch you? I want to hug you, Keiji. I want you to be with me. Please don't leave me. Please, I beg you! I love you, Keiji.

Akaashi's smile faltered. His expression turned dark. I'm sorry, Y/n. I'm sorry for everything... I'm sorry for loving you. I'm sorry for meeting you. I'm sorry for accepting you in my life. I shouldn't.. I shouldn't do this... 

Y/n shook her head aggressively as she tried to cup his face but in vain. No, no, no. What are you talking about, Keiji? Please don't say that! I love you, more than anything! I love you from the very first time I set my eyes on you. She forced a smile on her lips.

Akaashi hanged his head low. His expression was pain. A flood of tears flowed down his translucent cheeks. You shouldn't love me. I'm not your destiny. I'm just a kaleidoscope that keeps repeating myself to love you.

Y/n felt pain in her heart. Why are you saying this, Keiji? You're not going to leave me, right?

Akaashi closed his eyes as he faded away. I love you, y/n...

NOOOOOOO!! KEIJI DON'T LEAVE ME!   Everything went dark in instant. Y/n choked. The lack of oxygen made her gasp for air desperately. Help--- Keiji...

" Sis? " Ikki tapped on y/n's shoulder to wake her up. Y/n opened her eyes and gasped for air. She felt the stinging tears dropped. " You cried in your sleep. Were you having a nightmare? " Ikki was concerned. She wiped her tears and sat up straight. She slightly stretched out her legs as she felt they were stiffed.

" How long have we been here? " her voice was hoarse. She cleared her sore throat by chugging down plenty of mineral water that Ikki gave her.

" Three hours already. Still no news about Akaashi-san. " he sighed. " Why would he cut himself? " Ikki was frustrated with Akaashi's actions. He could talk it out with Kou-nii or sis.

Y/n shook her head. She wished she knows the answer. " Why must this happen, Ikki? Was it because I disobeyed that letter? " y/n looked into her brother's cerulean orbs, demanding a firm answer. Ikki frowned by her words.

" This is ridiculous, sis. How would a mere letter destroy someone's life? " he was irritated.

" What do you mean a 'mere' letter? It's a letter from myself! 10 years from the future! " Y/n raised her voice a little. She felt frustrated that her brother was doubting her. 

" Y/n, I want you to stop believing in that letter and SNAP BACK TO REALITY! " Ikki can't control his anger. He left y/n alone to cool himself down. He was unintentionally exploded to his sister. They've never argued like that before. Ikki was upset with himself. His sister needs him at this moment. He can't let her to figure everything out alone. He knows how fragile she was.

Y/n on the other hand was unhappy. Getting Ikki to call out her name and not 'sis' , y/n knew she had pushed him over his limits. She leaned forward and rubbed her face with her hands aggressively. Shit. What have I done? Ikki never got mad like that before. She huffed.

" Are you Akaashi-san's friend? I'm Dr. Shiroi. I'm in charge to examine Akaashi-san. " a doctor came up and greeted y/n.  Her eyes were on his name tag. Shiroi Kazuto.