15. Truth

Lisa POV

Well I was about to meet with Xiao, he wanted to pick me up but I told him I was working, that It was better if we took  brunch, he accepted immediately, the truth was that I was trying to gain some time, I got to this beautiful restaurant and he texted me he was already inside.

I took a deep breath, and this girl asked if I had a reservation, I just gave her my name and she took me to his table, he was waiting for me with a huge smile, "Lis, I'm happy to see you", he hugged me and I hugged him back, he looked at me and said "You are beautiful, really beautiful, I can't stop looking at you" I smiled at him but I wasn't able to see him straight to his face, "Hey we could go and see a film, maybe get dinner together as well", I was about to talk when the waiter took our orders.

"I'm sorry for come like this, unexpectedly, but I just needed to see you, we have been good friends and we are getting to another level and it makes me want to spend more time by your side, I..." I cut him off, "Listen Xiao, I do like to see you and spend time with you, as you say we are good friends and now, I need to be honest, I'm not sure about want to take this to something else", he was taken aback but didn't say anything, "I think we are good as friends, plus you are almost all the time filming movies and Dramas in China, and..." This time he cut me off, "Lis, I knew this would be an issue between us but we can try, you know, I could try to move my acting career to get closer to you", he took my hand and I felt weird, there was nothing, not even a single spark.

Our food arrived and we started to eat, evading the topic for now and talking about work, "By the way, how are you doing with your trainee?", He asked me and I was dying "Well, she is getting there, making a huge progress", he looked at me with a puzzled look, we were done with our food and he asked for some coffee and I just looked at him, "I need to tell you something, I told you I want to be honest with you, I told you I think we should be clear about us, we have been going on dates for a couple of months now, you were really sweet and I thought we could eventually get in a relationship,  but there's someone else, I mean I got in contact with somebody I met years ago, and I always had feelings for this person, and those feelings got back, or most likely they never went away" he slammed the table with her hand, and I froze.

There was an awkward silence and I kept sipping my pink lemonade, "I'm sorry Xiao, I wasn't planning this", he just looked at me "Why you didn't tell me?" He asked and I just sighed "I just didn't know, till last night after we talked, I didn't know this person felt this way as well, I was planning to let it go you know, try things with you", he looked mad at me, really mad, his jaw was tensed and his eyes were reflecting pure jealousy, "May I know who is this person?", I shook my head "There's no need, I mean you don't need to know that and don't take me wrong, I want we keep being friends, I really mean it", he didn't look at me, he evaded my eyes, "I'm here for you Lis, I knew something was wrong, I just knew you seemed different, I didn't think you were looking for a replacement".

I shook my head, if anything he was a replacement to try to forget about Jennie "It's not like that Xiao, I wasn't looking for anybody, this person just came back and I was already in love for years, I just didn't think we had a chance, actually I wasn't even sure about my sexuality, I was attracted to you, I swear but things changed and I can't longer offer you love, I'm sorry, I'm really sorry" tears started to fall, and he looked at me with regret, it was all over his face, "Look at me Lisa, I don't have even a tiny chance?, I wanted to spend the whole week with you, even if you had to work, I was planning to ask you to be my girlfriend" I couldn't say anything, he still had hope and I didn't had anything in return just a sincere friendship.

I looked at him "I'm sorry Xiao, you are amazing, you don't have to change anything, it's me that didn't realise how deep my love for this person was", he lost his temper again "It's her right? The brunette girl that you are training", he was almost shouting and I was getting uncomfortable "Keep it low Xiao or I'm leaving", he was holding his glass and his knuckles were already white, "Answer my question, are we talking about Jennie?, Cause every time you talk about her it's like if she was an angel, and the other day when she left, she looked almost like crying and you went after her, I tried to don't get jealous, because well maybe you had something to discuss but when you came back you were smiling and your eyes were sparkling", I didn't want to say anything else, I didn't want to make Jennie get in troubles because of me.

"Xiao please, I don't like this side of you, I take back that you don't need to change anything, you do, you need to control your jealousy and anger", He was still holding his glass and then it broke, everyone around looked at our table, I took my  cloth napkin to clean his hand, but he was still holding the remaining glasses "Xiao open your hand, you are hurting yourself, please listen to me", he looked at me and opened his hand, I took every piece of glass and I asked the waiter for a first aid kit, I kept removing every piece of glass that were piercing his hand, and he didn't speak or flinch, "Here let me clean, the blood stopped already, I took care of every cut" he looked at me and tried to leave.

"Wait Xiao, you will leave me here, aren't we friends?, Listen I know you are mad, but really, I can't control who I love, and I won't tell you who this person is, if you find out it's ok, but I don't want to break this person trust", I looked at him and he just said, "Trust?, you broke my heart, that's worst, don't you think?, you made me believe you had something for me, you really are a ... forget it, I prefer to remain silent, and I don't think we can be friends anymore, I'm too hurt, I don't know later on, but I really hope we don't need to cross paths again, I hope you don't regret you decision, I love you, I can offer you the world, unlike that person, that it's probably doubting about both of you, don't comeback to me saying you are sorry, I won't take you back, at least not now". He got up and and left money to  pay the bill.

He was leaving, just like that, then he called my name after a couple of minutes, "Lisa, you better are happy, cause if that person hurts you I'll break that beautiful face, I swear, I'm going back to China tomorrow, I'm sorry for every hurtful word I said but I'm broken, you can call me anytime if you need me ok?, don't cry anymore, I'll be fine" I just nodded, he was after all a gentleman.

I sighed, the waiter asked me if I was ok, "Don't worry Paul" I read his tag, "I'm fine but break-ups are always hard isn't it?", He looked at me and smiled "They are but don't you feel so much better now?" He asked me and swiped the broken glasses on the table, "Paul I do feel so much better, you are right, now I have to leave, thank you", he smiled at me, I took my things and I left.

On my way I passed for a flower shop, to get some roses and daisies for Jennie, I hope Xiao find his happiness, just like I did.