chapter 10

Axel's POV

I'm literally outside the house, crouched down behind his car. I see a shadow in the kitchen. Then before long there's movement upstairs. Still no noise. There is still the odd car driving through other streets so it's hard to try and listen for any noise. Just when I thought I heard something a plane decides to fly over head. For fuck sake. I try and get closer to the front door. I hear movement inside and the door clicks as if it's going to open but it doesn't. I wait a few minutes, thought I heard her screaming but again cars going past cloud my hearing. I wait another minute then decide that's it, I stand up and walk to the door, it's open a crack. Then I hear her screaming. I open the door trying to be quite. I hear a thud then movement coming from the living room. Then I hear him, I can't make out what he's saying over the movement.

As I turn the corner he's on top of her slamming her head off the floor. she's half naked and She's covered in blood and bruises. I don't think I just call her name "Amethyst" I look around the room, see a baseball bat and grab it. I swing hard hitting him in the back he screams in pain and falls to the side of her. I drop the bat and I cup her face. "Amethyst, Amethyst can you hear me. I'm going to get you out of here." Just as I go to pick her up. He's on his feet and lunges for me. I manage to get to my feet in time and dodge him. Damn he's fast. We both clock the bat at the same time. He's closer so he just grabs it before I can. He swings at me again and again. I try and think logically but all I can see out the corner of my eye is Amethyst laying there. I need to get her some help, I need to get her our of here. So I charge at him. Luckily I take him by suprise. And get him to the floor. I give him a right hook. Then he somehow manages to get me off him and gets to his feet. He swings the bat and gets me straight in the ribs. As I grab my side and try to get to my feet he swings again. I move "hey hey look listen I just wanna help her. She needs help, look at her" I shout. He glances at her and for a second I thought I saw him soften. But he turns back to me and growls "who the fuck are you. Have you been sleeping with my wife. Who are you" he shakely ask. Fuck, what do I say. "No no. I just heard a women screaming for help and the door was open" I try and walk round the room to get back to her side. He's breathing heavy and running his hand through his hair.
Amethyst starts to move, we both look over at her. She pushes her self up against the wall. Then she clocks me and a soft smile spreads on her face. "Your here, you came" she croaks. I go to walk to her then feel a crack on my ribs again. And fall to my knee. "You are fucking my wife. I'll kill you both"  I turn and give him a low blow. Then get to my feet grab the bat while I can I hand it to Amethyst. And tell him "stand and fight me like a man" he starts to laugh "hahaha your going to fight me for her are ya"