022 | Aiden

I'm nervous.

I've been wanting to do this for a while now, but my brain decided today was a good day.

Fucking bullshit.

I want to take Juliet out on another date. It's my way of showing her that I appreciate what she's done for me these past two months since we met.

Holy shit, two months.

December is almost here, and I want to take her out before it gets cold. I don't want to be the reason she gets a cold or something. I would feel like shit.

Juliet doesn't know where I'm taking her, which is good for me. If I fuck up, I can just take her somewhere else. I'm praying she actually likes it because I put so much effort into this.

She obviously doesn't need to know this. I look down at the cut-up watermelon. The bright red color shines against the light of the kitchen.

Mom thought that what I'm doing is romantic. I say I'm just being nice because I'm the nicest fucking person on the planet. Other than Juliet.

There is no competing there.

I reach out to one of the containers I had put out earlier. I put it in front of me and place the fresh watermelon inside.

Closing the container, I look over at the grapes. Droplets of water sit on the purple skin of the grapes. I still don't fucking take off the stems. I grab the plate setting it down in front of me, removing the stems.

With each grape I take the stem off, I place it in another container. The water in the grape's drips onto the glass container.

Finishing the grapes, I grab the top and close it. Setting it aside with the watermelon, I open the fridge up.

Pulling out the mayonnaise, tomatoes, ham, lettuce, and square cheeses. I place them on the counter and walk to the pantry. I grab the white bread and walk out, placing it on the counter too.

I set out a couple of paper towels on the counter, pulling the bread out of its bag. Putting it on top of the papers, I lather mayonnaise on it. I add the rest of the ingredients.

I cut the sandwiches into two squares. I make three sandwiches, placing them in another container.

Gosh, these are a bunch of containers. They better fucking fit. "Guess what I bought," mom says walking inside the kitchen with grocery bags.

"Coffee?" I guess. I could be right.

"No," mom rolls her eyes. "I bought some crackers, baloney, and cheese. I thought it was the perfect snack for the date." Mom says, pulling the items from the bags. "But I did get some coffee," she adds.

"Of course, you did, but that is actually a promising idea mom," I acknowledge. I reach for the crackers and stuff.

I get a hold of another container, placing the items inside, neatly. If it doesn't look good, Juliet will think I didn't put any effort into this date.

Which is not the case.

I walk over to the fridge hauling out some Arizona, green tea, and some Capri suns. I also get a packet of strawberry-flavored Yakult.
These little drinks are amazing.

"Mom do you know where the basket is at," I ask mom, who is putting away groceries.

"I think I put it in the pantry, like, all the way up." Mom nods towards the pantry. I give her a quick 'thank you' before grabbing the basket.

I put in all the containers and drinks inside. I place some napkins inside. I quickly clear up the mess I made and walk upstairs to get a bag.

I put in a plaid blanket and two hoodies. I have about two hours to get everything ready before going to pick Juliet up.