Part 12

Alvance's POV

"Your highness, how did you sleep?" Shia said and started to walk beside me.

"Just fine, I hope you weren't guarding me all night, again," I said avoiding making eye contact with him.

"Don't worry, I got the right amount of sleep I promise,” He said and smiled so brightly I was sure I would go blind if I looked at it directly.

“Alright that’s good, now if you’ll excuse me my classes are about to start. Wait here, or go and do whatever you want,” I said maybe a little too harshly as I went into the library.

I sighed and locked the door. I shrunk myself and crawled into the vents. It took me 20 minutes to make my way to my sister’s room.

“Lura,” I said popping her vent open.

“What is it, Vance? It’s been a while since you have crawled out of my vents. What has you upset this time,” she said in a sarcastic tone.

“First off rude sister, and second why do I have to be so in love with him?” I flopped on her bed dramatically.

“I don’t know how to help you brother, just tell him how you feel. You know as Coran says “bite the laser,” or something like that. By the way, Shia is looking for you. You’re late for Sword practice,” She said closing her book and stepped away from her vanity pushing me to the vent.

“Go on, go before I get in trouble for you,” I hopped in and closed the vent.

But before I was able to start making my way back to the library I heard a knock at Allura’s door.

“Sorry for the intrusion Princess Allura. As you can see Prince Alvance dismissed me again and is now missing. Have you seen him?” Shia’s voice sang in my ear.

“No, I have not Sir Shia. Are you alright you look disheartened?” She said and her voice came closer to the vent.

“I’m fine, but I don’t think the Prince doesn’t want me next to him. I’m convinced he hates me, Princess,” He sighed.

“I doubt that he hates you and if I know my twin, which I do. If you ask him he'll be honest with you. You said he's missing, I bet he just fell asleep in the library," She said taking a drink of something.
"I looked in there," He said calmly.

"There is this ledge that we found when we were younger. The only way to get to it is to climb. It's three bookcases to the left of the window and the second bookcase on that wall. Then you just lookup. The ledge is big enough to hold five people. Now go on I'm trying to memorize the ship's manual," She said and I scampered back to the library.

"And Shia, people are hard to read sometimes. We are only 13. Give him time-" She was saying but I had left earshot.

I made it back to the library. Grabbing a couple of books, making it onto the ledge, and reading them before Shia entered the room. I looked at the book's title. 'The Accounts Of Voltron Through Out The Universe.' I flipped it over to read the summary on the back. 'With eyewitness accounts and a personal interview with four of the paladins, this book will not disappoint; A brief history of each lion and pilot followed by the interviews. We go into detail about the Blue, Red, Yellow, and Green paladins. The Black lion's paladin sadly refused to give his story. Maybe in my next book.' I sighed and put the book down. I looked over to see Shia next to me.

"GAH! Shia when did you get here?!" I was startled.

"Just a few seconds ago Your Highness. Um, Your Highness if I may be so bold can I ask you something?" He stammered out acting all cute.