Chapter 9

"You'll need to retrieve the Red Lion from Sendak's ship," Allura said as she pulled up the schematics for the cruiser.

"That's a pretty big ship. How are we gonna know where the Red Lion is?" Keith asked.

"It's not a matter of "we" It's a matter of "you," Pidge answered.

"Pidge is right. Once we get you in, you'll be able to feel its presence and track it down," Hunk interjected.

"You know how you felt that energy while we were in the desert?" I said keeping up with the others.

"Yeah. You made fun of me for that," Keith said clearly angry.

"And I'm proud of that, but turns out it's exactly like that," I said keeping up my happy-go-lucky personality.

"Keith, remember, the Red Lion is extremely temperamental. You'll have to earn its respect," my sister said.

"Here's our plan of attack. The Galra Empire knows about the Blue and Yellow Lion, but they don't know we have the Green Lion, too. Hunk, Lance, you'll act as a decoy by pretending to give yourselves up. Keith and I will find the Red Lion while Pidge guards our exit. While Sendak is distracted, Keith, Pidge, and I will sneak onto the ship in the Green Lion. Hunk, Lance, find some way to take down that ion cannon," Shiro took charge.

After listening to the plan we all got into the lions. Pidge left first and flew to the backside of the planet. After they were in position, we went to the atmosphere heading to the Galra ship.

"All right. Attention, Galra ship. Do not fire. We're surrendering our lions. Hope this works," I felt so uneasy.

"Pidge what's your ETA?" I asked starting to feel a pit in my stomach.

"We're in," Pidge affirmed.

"What's that thing?" Hunk almost yelled.

"I think that's our signal to get out of here!" I yelled and we scattered in opposite directions.

"Hunk, you dismantle the ion cannon while I take these jerks on a space ride!" I said going to distracting the fighters.

“10:4,” Hunk then repeatedly rammed into the particle-barrier(sorry yellow).

“Come on! Whoa-ho-ho! Yeah, buddy! This is way more fun without Hunk's barfing!” I yelled with joy.

”Kitty Rose has left the stage!“ Pidge said as the green lion left the battlecruiser followed by red.

”Let's get the heck out of here!” I turned blue to the plant and followed after Pidge.

”I hope I stopped that cannon. I could barely make a dent in it,” Hunk said smashing it one more time.

We flew back to the castle in silence. Once we landed all the Lions gathered in the corridor in front of the black Lion’s chamber. Green lowered herself down and let Shiro out. The lions all cheered for their brother and I let out a call as well. Seeing the black lion again was painful but we need to fight, then the castle’s alarm went off. We all hurried outside just-in-time to see the Galra ion Canon fire.

“Those galra repair things fast!” Hunk said thoroughly exasperated.

“I can cover you with the castle defences for a while but you have to form Voltron now, or we will all be destroyed,” Allura looked week. This battle is taking a toll on her, and she hadn’t yet grieved over the loss of our father and our people.