Chapter 5

(Alvance's POV)

"Who are you? And where am I?" Allura said trying to stand but got weak.

"I'm Keith, and you just fell out of that pod thing," Keith said helping her stand.

"Your ears... They're hideous what's wrong with them?" She said and I became self-conscience about my human ears.

Allura pushed pass Keith and went over to Shiro.

"Shia who are these people, and where is my brother and father?" Allura asked and something flashed across Shiro's face.

"I'm sorry but you must have me mistaken for someone else? A blue lion brought us to this castle." Shiro said.

"How do you have the Blue lion? What happened to its paladin? What are you all doing here? Unless- How long has it been?" Allura said freaking out.

"We don't know what you're talking about. Why don't you tell us who you are? Maybe we can help," Shiro said motioning to all of us.

"I'm princess Allura of Planet Altea. I've got to find out where we are and how long we've been asleep," She said rushing to the biotech pad, still a little wobbly on her feet.

"Okay, that's how that works," Pidge said as Allura advocated the pad.

Another pod hissed next to Hunk who got scared and hid behind Keith.

"Enemy combatants!" Screamed a familiar voice, then something orange went flying at them.

"Quiznak! You're lucky I have a case of the old sleep camber knees," Coran said dusting himself off.

"Otherwise, I'd grab your head like this, wrap you up like so-- and one, two, three," he snapped his fingers, "sleepy time!" 

Coran said doing some weird hand movements.

Keith shrugged him off and turned to Allura with Hunk still behind him.

"Man, these guys are good," Hunk said looking at Coran.

"It can't be..." Allura said covering her mouth.

"What is it?" Coran said pushing passed Keith and Hunk.

"We've been asleep for 10,000 years. Planet Altea and all the planets in our solar system have been destroyed. Coran, Father and my brother are gone... Our entire civilization... ZARKON!" Allura said and I fell to the ground making everyone look at me.

"Lance, you alright?" Hunk said leaving Keith's side to help me up.

"Sorry, I'm fine just got really dizzy for some reason," I said catching Allura's teary gaze.

"Did you say Zarkon?" Shiro said.

"He was the King of the Galra. A vile creature and enemy to all free people," Allura said with bitter and hate in her voice.

"He's still alive," Shiro said.

"Impossible!" Allura said shocked.

"I can't explain it, but it's true. I was his prisoner. He's searching for a superweapon called Voltron," Shiro said.

"He's searching for it because he knows it's the only thing that can defeat him, and that's exactly why we need to find it before he does,"  Allura said, and Coran went over to comfort her and I wanted nothing more than to have Shia by my side again.