Ch. 13: Karma, You Bitch!

Cameron

I was frantically trying to put my clothes back on when I heard a loud crash!

Everything was suddenly still. I peeked through the crack of the dressing room stall.

Mr. Drake!

I saw his body sail through the air and smash into the floor length mirror. Gigantic and microscopic pieces of glass rained down, hitting Jim everywhere. He wasn't even phased. He was back on his feet in no time.

What the hell! I know Mr. Drake was human. He stalked forward so fast and with unnatural speed. And his eyes were green? I gasped and put my hand over my mouth and scrambled back to the very end of the spacious dressing room.

Okay think Cameron think! My phone! I reached into my bag sitting next to my jacket on the ground and frantically searched for it. I couldn't find it in all the mess so I dumped the entire bag put onto the floor.

A measuring tape, stockings and a crotchet needle among other things came tumbling out. When the hell did I get a crotchet needle? I don't knit!

Focus Cameron.

I grabbed my phone in the pile of rubble. Just as I was dialing my dad I heard a loud crash in the dressing room next door. I heard painful groaning and coughing.

"James!" I screamed. I was so scared for him.

I ran out of my dressing room my shirt long forgotten. I ran over to see James getting up and dusting himself off. Mr. Drake was unconscious with lots blood running out the side of his mouth. And you could hear him gurgling it in his throat. I ran up to James and hugged him.

"Ow!" I shouted. He had shoved me away from him.

It hurt my feelings, but I didn't let it show. James looked at me with a murderous expression. His wolf was over him. I took a cautious step back.

"Put your shirt on. Now." James said harshly.

James was hurt from the struggle and Mr. Drake was, well I don't know he looked dead. And he was worried I didn't have a shirt on? I rolled my eyes. Alphas.

I hurriedly left out of the ruined dressing room and put on my shirt and jacket. I hastily put everything back in my bag and ran back over to the other stall. Mr. Drake was moaning and groaning in pain and tried to sit up. James was on his phone speaking to someone in hushed tones.

I tried to listen in but he was speaking too fast and his voice was lower than a whisper. How does he do that? I tried to listen to his thoughts but he had blocked me out.

What was going on?

James ended the call and slid the phone awkwardly into his back pocket. His arm looked at an awkward angle. It was then that I realized he was doing everything with his right hand. Why? James was left handed.

I took a closer look at his shoulder. Ohmigod. His arm was out of place!

"Cameron turn around I don't want you to see this." James said calmly.

I stayed rooted to the spot. He looked to be in a lot of pain and didn't want to argue. Neither did I. He just nodded his head as if accepting the fact that I was gonna stay.

"Okay. Don't say I didn't warn you." He warned.

He turned away from me with his back facing me. Without warning he savagely slammed his left shoulder into the frame of the dressing room door. I heard a sickening pop! And his shoulder looked back in it's right place. I cringed and looked away.