Ch. 3: This Is Bullshıt!

** Cameron **

Saturday rolled around quickly. We were over at Lisa's house eating smores. We were planning on doing each other's hair, nails, and make up but I wanted to eat first not the other way around.

You ever had a random strand of hair on or in something you were trying to eat? It's nerve wrecking isn't it? Because you don't know where the strand came from, if it's yours, how long it's been there or did you eat some of it already.

The very thought alone stimulates the gag reflex. Then you're make choking noises about imaginary hair and you can no longer look at your snack the same and so you have to toss it.

Moral of the story: alway eat first. Always.

We finished up the smores and the three wise women did my hair. That's what I liked to call them. They were friends long before I met them. I just recently became a part of the clique last year.

I called them the three wise women because they each fit purrfectly with each gift the three wise men brought Baby Jesus-- Gold, Myrrh and Frankincense.

Lisa represented gold not because she was rich or high maintenance, but because she had a certain value or weight about her. You ever hear of the term "worth their weight in gold?" Well, Lisa definitely was. She was a very valuable asset to have as a friend. She listened, she didn't judge, gave advice only when asked and she could keep a secret. She had a heart heart of gold.

Rachel represented myrrh. Myrrh is like a natural gum. Disregarding the gum part, Tiffany was Au Natural. She never ate processed foods and absolutely no fast food. She didn't even shave. You did not want to see her wolf legs. We didn't do her make just her hair and cleaned up her eyebrows when she allowed us to.

That left Vanessa to represent Frankincense. This is an aromatic used in incenses and perfumes. Vanessa reminded me of this because she made everything better. A good smelling perfume is like a breath of fresh air-- it can brighten your mood. Vanessa just gave off a beautiful vibe.

So these were my three friends. Some people called us the Four Musketeers! I liked the name.

"All done!" Lisa stated handing me a mirror. Oh wow. They straightened one side of my hair, but not the other. Childish.

I just looked back at them with a death glare and we all laughed. They finished straightening the other side after I threatened them with my horrible singing until 5 am.

Straight hair made me look more mature. Instead of my 17 years, I could pass for 19. I know it made me look less of a child and more of the adult that I was turning into. I would be 18 in six months; I would be an adult.

We took turns doing each other's hair and make up. We even dressed up just for kicks. We didnt get to bed until around 4am.

Good times with my good friends.

The weekend came and went and now it was Monday again. I made a beeline to the school's entrance from off the bus. My grandmother had already gone to work, but she had left me a home made breakfast on the table for when I woke up. I wish she would would drive to school some days.

She was a small claims lawyer and always busy, busy, busy.

I walked to my locker to get my books out for Mr. Drake's class. I was trying to recall if I had done the homework assignment or not when I noticed a foul odor coming from the locker.

It was too late though because my brain was on auto pilot and I had automatically put in the combination and was already pulling the locker open.

Before I could stop myself or catch it, I screamed at what came flying out of my opened locker!