Ch. 1: Words that Must Not Be Named!

(A/N: Hey Guys this book will definitely make you laugh! It also has some beautiful poetry! Enjoy!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

** Cameron **

"Class, pay attention!" Mr. Drake waved a paper around and shouted to get our attention.

So our English teacher, Mr. Drake, posted up a new set of rules again. I guess he was having trouble with the old list. Sitting in this hot classroom on a hot, sunny day was not what I had in mind especially if my teacher was currently going crazy about some 'list.'

I watched as Mr. Drake was finally able to tape the list to the wall-- and I couldn't hold back my laughter. I took a picture of the list and sent it to my friends with the caption: Pic of new rules for Drake's class! #bruh.

After calming myself and actually reading the list, I let out a frustrated sigh. Everyone else groaned as well because we all did not like the new list; we all said at least one thing off the list. Especially "About A Week Ago!"

This list consisted of all the latest "slang" trending like "Bye Felica!" "On Fleek," "About A Week Ago!" "0 to 100" and so many others. We were not allowed to use those phrases or words when we entered Mr. Drake's class or it was an automatic detention with extra homework.

Way to take the fun out of class! I thought with a frown.

Oh well, guess he wanted us to act like we had some type of common sense. I laughed. This was English class after all.

But still, that list made me feel some type of way.

I sat up straighter. Ayy! "Some type of way." That wasn't on the list. Haha!

I brought my attention back to the person reading their poem. We had just started the new section on poetry. We hadn't gotten on specifics like Haiku and End Rhyme yet. I was a poetry fanatic so I knew my way around a poem. Right now, we were just doing Freeverse.

I was next in line to read my poem in front of class.

Ugh! I especially didn't want to do it because James del Russo was in class today. He usually skipped first hour. But not today. Why?

So two things were out of order (hey! "Out of order." Another phrase not on the list!)

1} I had to read in front of the class. I was the type of student who developed a speech impediment speaking in front of large crowds.

2} James del Russo would witness my public speaking.

James del Russo. Yes, he was popular. Yes, he had big turquoise eyes. Yes, he was tall, built, and all that Jazz. But, he wasn't mean. He was actually pretty cool.

Believe it or not, I was the mean one.

I guess since I was teased a lot, I kind of built up this wall around my emotions. I rarely let people in...or out for that matter.

Mr. Drake called my name.

"Ms. Miraj!" He said with attitude.

Aww crap he must've said my name more than once!

I glanced over to catch del Russo staring at me. Ahh! Did I have something on my face? Was my hair out of place?

I smoothed out my curly hair and straightened my tie. I hated this thing. But, it was the school's uniform and part of the dress code policy.

I stood up. I could do this. My poem was original.