Ch. 11: I'll Hold You Down

JAMES

Cameron's dad was a hunter... I couldn't believe it!

How'd that happen? Cameron was a werewolf and she was his daughter so what was he doing hunting werewolves? And what the hell were his intentions towards her?!

My wolf was fighting me everyday to drag her out of her house and take her home with me where she belonged. It was getting harder to fight him for control because I had already marked her. Thank God we didn't consummate the mating because I wouldn't be able to control myself from shifting. I would probably kill her father and take her away from her twisted family.

It had been a week since the dinner at her place. A week since I touched her. A week since I marked her. Cameron was seriously avoiding me. But at least I knew her father wasn't hurting her because she came to school everyday with a smile on her face. Although she was avoiding me like the plague in public she was texting me religiously at night. I didn't know what to think and I didn't know how to feel about that.

In fact, we were texting right now.

Me: So you have a lot of homework tonight?

She took ten minutes to reply back.

Cam: Yeah.

What the hell. Her replies were getting shorter and shorter.

Me: What are you doing later tonight?

I immediately replied back. I didn't want to wait five minutes to reply just to be even with her.

I sighed and waited.

15 minutes later...

Cam: sleep.

That was it. That's all she had to say?

Me: I'm coming over. Now.

I got out of the bed and was putting some clothes on when I felt a vibration.

I smirked. That was quick.

Cam: No! Don't do that. I'll see you tomorrow after school, okay?

I let out a frustrated groan. I didn't know if I could wait. I was restless and my wolf was agitated.

Me: I understand. Tomorrow's good.

I didn't understand, but I was avoiding a fight because I wanted to see my girl. I would just have to wait until tomorrow.

Cam: Night :)

I didn't reply back. Instead I went outside and ran my wolf. He needed to be let out.

I ended up in from of Cameron's house as I usually did. I just couldn't stay away from her! I knew her other half longed for me too, but somehow she was fighting it. I was having a hard time sensing her wolf too.

What was going on?

I laid under her window. At least I could hear her heart beat and her soft snoring. My wolf whimpered, he wanted more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I got to class early.

I couldn't wait to see Cameron. I knew she always came to school early. I was fooling around with the guys when I smelled the intoxicating scent of honey.

Cameron. My wolf sighed.

I turned and leaned against the locker acting nonchalant. But when she approached me looking sexy and stunning in some white form fitting pants and a blue cardigan my heart rate accelerated. 0 to 100 real quick.