Ch.14: What's A Wolf Gene?

A/N: THIS IS JUST A GENERAL POINT OF VIEW WITH SOME CHARACTERS INTRODUCED. THEY ARE FROM MY FIRST BOOK-- BUSINESS MAN FIRST, ALPHA LAST. ALL MY BOOKS WILL BUILD ON EACHOTHER. SO IF YOU WANT A LITTLE BACKGROUND ON THE INTRODUCED CHARACTERS JUST READ THE 1ST BOOK. THANKS!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Six Months Later

"My son will die! And this is all you can tell me!" James's father yelled at the top of his lungs.

"David." James's mother spoke quietly trying to calm him.

He turned away from James lying in the hospital bed hooked up to all kinds of plastic tubing and metal wires. In this human hospital because the pack doctor hadn't seen anything like it and could offer him no help. That's when he decided to call in the help of a pack across the country and why James was transfered to this hospital.

He turned towards his wife.

"Kelly not now!" He roughly spoke to her, his emotions threatening to break through.

Kelly was calm compared to his behavior. It's like their roles were reversed: she was cool and collected while he was yelling and panicking over his son's condition. When in all actuality it was his guilt that caused his catastrophic behavior.

I should have been there for James! He thought. I should have given him ten minutes to get Cameron out of there. Instead I gave him an hour. He continued angrily. He thought back to the scene that greeted him when he entered the Miraj residence:

Flashback ♤

Blood.

Blood on the walls. Blood on the stair case. And a heap of blood on the ground. I did a double take.

"James!" I cried out. My son wasn't responding.

"Got Dammit! James! Say something," I continued yelling. He wasn't moving.

I stepped closer.

I could now see his chest wasn't rising and falling, no respirations. I stopped where I was. I couldn't bring myself to come any closer.

My son was dead.

My breathing became shallow and slowed down.

All of my pack members were passing me in slow motion. I could faintly hear sounds, groaning, coming from the upstairs, but I couldn't bring myself to move my feet from that spot.

Someone was yelling at me.

"Alpha! Alpha!"

I drowned them out. No! My son can't be dead; I won't allow it!

I came forward and picked up his lifeless body. He was heavy. Dead weight. Some pack members tried to come forward to help me, but I growled so loudly that they all fell to their knees before me.

"My son is not dead!" I yelled at them. "Make way for your Alpha, I'm taking him to the pack house." I was headed for the door when someone stopped me. I turned towards them.

"Alpha--" I growled. I was no longer the Alpha. My son is Alpha and he is not dead.

"Uh, Mr. Del Russo, we found the Luna's grandmother upstairs. She's in a bad condition sir. What should we do?"