Ch. 5: #BoyIfYouDon'tGet

* * Cameron * *

I'm sulking because I couldn't go to del Russo's party.

Well, I could but... I don't know. I guess I had too much pride. I mean, in my mind we were still feuding.  He never apologized for ruining my dad's poem.

Well, I never gave him a chance to either because I was avoiding him at all costs. Whenever he tried to approach me at school or around town I just gave him the cold shoulder or an evil eye.

Vanessa and Rachel had took off to the party because as they explained to me, their mates could be present.  They were probably hoping and praying some stupid jocks were their mates. I rolled my eyes at that.

Lisa offered to come over and hang out with me. Out of the four of us, she had found her mate early. Or more like her mate had found her.

His parents just joined the pack a couple of months back. Once he saw Lisa, well it was a wrap. Now, Lisa and her mate, Kingsley, were probably getting it on downstairs on my sofa.

Which is why I was currently sitting in my room trying to decide what to do with myself.  I had pent up energy for some reason. I couldn't even decide what music to listen to. I went from listening to Pentatonix to Paramore to Meek Mill.

I wonder what they're listening to at the party?

Ugh! No, don't think about that stupid party!

I finally got up to go downstairs.  A little Netflix and cake never hurt anything.  I was going to watch Netflix on the big screen downstairs and devour a slice of my Grammy's homemade double chocolate German cake. It was shaping up to be a good night already.

Where the hell is Grammy anyway?  Oh yeah, she said she was going to Bingo tonight. Bingo for my grandmother was the equivalent of going to the club and popping bottles.

I laughed. I don't know, she just always seemed to stay out late on "Bingo" nights. One night I might just follow her just to have something to do. I quickly dismissed that thought for another night.

I got downstairs and immediately turned on the big screen. I accessed Netflix and skimmed through some TV shows. Oooh! The Following I decided on that.

I jumped when I heard movement behind me.

I turned slowly thinking it was an intruder here to rob me for my Netflix and chocolate cake. I adjusted my eyes to the dark only to see Lisa and Kingsley sound asleep on the couch. I breathed a sigh of relief. I didn't want to have to beat a robber's ass for my food.

I looked at my friend and her mate. Jeez, they act like an old married couple! I had to wake them up because I wanted to watch my show.

I gave Kingsley a light tap across the face. He didn't budge. I slapped him across the cheek. Still nothing.  I was about to reach my hand back when he cracked open one eye.

"Do it and you're dead." His threat didn't faze me.

"You guys are gonna have to move this private party to one of the guest rooms. Okay? I wanna watch ma Netflix."

He just nodded.  He slowly stood up and picked up the lightly snoring Lisa who I'm pretty sure was faking it. She liked for Kingsley to carry her everywhere.

Just as I thought, she winked at me over Kingsley shoulder. Brat. I smirked and rolled my eyes. 

I had already went to the kitchen to grab my snack and a huge glass of milk.  I was about to sit down and hit play on my TV show when there was a knock on my door.