11

The doorbell rang out signalling that one of the two boys were here. I rushed to the door looking at everyone and nodding. I swung open the door.

"Hey... Theo!" I said surprised.

"Hi." He said awkwardly.

"Come in." I smiled moving aside as he stepped in. There was music already playing and the pack was dancing trying to make this look as normal as possible. Peter wasn't having any of the soppy second hand happy birthdays and blew off any conversation and was sitting on his own in the corner. Theo went over to him.

Theo's POV

"Happy Birthday." I said softly sitting down next to Peter.

"Thank you, your the only one who remembered," he sighed taking a swig of the beer in his hand.

"But-"

"I told them earlier. They forgot and decided to throw this ridiculous party as an apology."

"I'm sorry Peter."

"Don't be. It'll be the same thing next year I assure you. I don't even know why I told them this year, I prefer to spend my birthdays alone."

"You know I'm sure Chris remembered."

"Yeah well Chris isn't here. Neither is Allison. They're off looking for this pack of werewolves that are up in the mountains, they think they caught the virus Satomi's pack had and just want to check."

"Did you get my present?" I asked and Peter laughed holding up his wrist.

"Of course. Now where did you get the money to afford this?" He said and I saw the navy blue watch that was engraved with his initials on his wrist.

"Never you mind." I said and Peter smiled.

"Thank you Theo."

"No problem. You deserve to be happy Peter."

"Yeah well my only hope at that is off in the mountains and hates me."

"He'll come around."

"I hurt lots of people kid."

"None of that was your fault."

"You can't say that."

"He hurt you first Peter. They had it coming."

"You know I always tell myself that but it's never gonna be true. I hurt people and he hates me for it. I don't blame him I'm a psycho."

"Your not a psycho your broken... like me."

"Yeah I am. And I can't be fixed." Peter stood up walking away from me towards the kitchen. There was another knock at the door.

"Hey Scott!" The all too familiar voice rang out through the house and my breath caught in my throat.

"Liars." I growled staring around at the room all their faces looking at me.

"Theo listen-"

"So that's all this has been?" I shouted.

"All of this has been a way to lead me to the person I least want to see right now? You lied to me, all of you!" I turned to look at Liam who by the look on his face didn't think I was here either.

"Theo..." he said softly. I ignored him going for the back door.

"Ah ah ah." Derek stood in my way blocking the door.

"I'm not afraid to kill you." I said and Derek laughed.

"No, no your not. But you still won't do it." I growled walking back towards the living room.