IOU (Hypno and Xb)

3rd Person P.O.V.

Hypno and Xb were walking through horsehead farms, checking sales and restocking items in the spruce farmers market. They were happy to find an IOU from a couple of different hermits, including Jevin, Cub, Beef, and Iskall.

Xb turned and smiled at Hypno mischeviously, a gleam in his eye that was very rare for the hermit nowadays. Hypno spoke up, "I know you're excited Xb, but let's be measured with these. We don't want to scare them away after all."

Xb looked upset, but understood. The whole point of having a store was to make profits, and if he scared away his customers he wouldn't be able to get any more IOUs to mess with the hermits using.

After collecting all of their profits and restocking the cute stalls, they headed off to one of Hypno's cozy little mushroom houses, keen to discuss what they would do with the newfound IOUs.

Once inside, they sat next to each other on the couch and took out the renamed pieces of paper. They laid them out on their laps to pick and choose which ones they would do.

"Okay, so let's use some for resources first if we need any. I do want some mushrooms for a few more houses, so let's use the one from Ren, since he has an industrial district in a mooshroom biome," Hypno suggested.

Xb pouted but grabbed Ren's IOU and renamed it for their request. "Ok, since I don't need anything, we can get on with scheming." He grinned maniacally, and Hypno laughed. He was used to this mischievous behavior, even if it wasn't seen often.

"Ok, you get the first one," Hypno told his business partner. Xb picked up Jevin's IOU, holding it up in the air to represent the one he chose. Hypno picked Beef. Xb picked Cub, and Hypno grabbed the last of the IOUs, which was Iskall's.

They started scheming immediately, and Xb was fervently explaining his plan for Jevin to Hypno. Forgive me, I'm not very good with coming up with pranks.

"Ok, so, you know how Jevin has a base them centered around slime. Well, I was thinking, we could have him randomly build a slime at someone's base, and this will last the entire season."

Hypno nodded along. "That sounds good," Hypno told him, then began to explain his plan for Beef.

"Ok, so I was thinking that for Beef, we could make him we we an elytra, but since he's in the No Wings Club, he couldn't use it. So it's going to be torture for him to have to be excruciatingly careful to not activate this. Of course, I'm not evil, so I'll only make him do this for a week."

Xb chuckled. "That does sound good. It's going to be fun watching him freak out. Ok, now my plan for Cub."

"Since he's got this huge powder snow and regulations farm, I was thinking we could make him create a snow room with a few blocks that have powdered snow. The powdered snow will have holes with pointed dripstone under them. He also has to put signs so they know it's him, and there will definitely be people that are going I prank him back."

Hypno squealed, excited about the upcoming chaos and drama that was going to occur on the hermitcraft server due to this. "Ok, so here's my plan to Iskall. You know how he is basing with Etho this season," Xb nodded.

" I think I know the reason, " Hypno lowered his voice.

"It's because he has a crush on him. So, for this IOU, I'm going to make him -subtly at first- try and reveal his feelings to Etho. Each day, he has to make the hints less subtle, until eventually Etho either realizes or Etho is super oblivious and Iskall has to confess."

So they renamed the IOUs into the tasks for each hermit, and delivered them to their bases. First was for Jevin, and they headed off to the swamp to find his base. We entered the hole in the ground and placed down a chest with a sign explaining the item, and put the IOU in the chest.

When they heard footsteps coming from below they high-tailed out of there. Next was Beef. We headed to his quirky base and went through the same process to him, getting a good chuckle while doing so.

Then they headed to The Powder Bowl, and put the IOU in a chest with a wing where Cub could find it. They also picked up a bit of powder snow for ourselves and then headed out.

Next was for Iskall, and they again repeat the same process that had been done three times before, but Hypno whispered to Xb that he wanted to stay here and see Iskall's reaction.

Xb couldn't say no to Hypno, so he agreed and they crouched in the shadows, waiting. It was a while until Iskall came, and in that time Hypno ended up snuggled next to Xb's side with his head on the other man's shoulder.

He perked up when Iskall suddenly appeared next to the chest, having used a riptide trident to get up without wings.

Hypno P.O.V.

I watched wide-eyed as Iskall opened the chest. I was still snuggled up against Xb but couldn't move in fear of alerting the Swedish fellow. Iskall took the paper out of the chest, and their eyes widened as they read what was on the note.

"Really Hypno, Xb why would you do this to me," he shouted to what he thought was empty space. "And I'll be coming in for weekly checkups to make sure you're doing it. Don't want you backing out. Besides, I'm sure I'm doing you a favor," I told him as I walked out of the shadows, pulling Xb along with me.

Iskall sputtered in surprise, and I laughed, turning around and taking off. "Hypno!" Xb shouted. "Don't drop me! And you could've just waited for me to take off with you."

I was surprised but quickly recovered, sticking my tongue out at him like a child. However, since I wasn't evil, I clutched him closer to my chest, wrapping my arms around his back and we were chest to chest. I looked down at him for a second to see his face crimson.

If mine wasn't, it was only because of the biting wind that didn't allow heat to rise to my face. It wasn't long before my base was in sight and I angled downward, clutching Xb tighter to my chest due to the increased velocity.

I pulled Xb along with me to my house. The sun was setting, and I was tired from the days work. I let him go but beckoned for him to follow me when he began to pull away. "Come on, it's getting late. You don't want to be out this late. Besides, I want you to stay with me," I said.

I was embarrassed of the last comment, but it was true. Xb shook his head lightly and followed me into the house. I got into the bed and parted the spot next to me, meaning for him to get in. He chuckled but agreed, and laid in the bed next to me.

I snuggled up to him and wrapped my arms around him. He did the same to me and we fell asleep in each other's arms.

This honestly ended up being a lot longer and more fluffy than I expected, but that's ok. Do you guys want me to explore what happened with Iskall? Also, be looking out for the continuation of the one shot by Itz_Larissa. I'm planning on continuing her one shot Kidnapped, so to check it out. Also also, so you guys think I should make the Queen of Hearts one shot part of my Hermits Origins miniseries?