An Explosion Of Colors 𝟚/𝟚

Hello! This is a double update, be sure to check out the part before this! °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
_____

It was like being submerged into a topsy turvy wonderland. 

Except, minus the wonder and replace it with the sickly sensation that occurred when you consumed too much sugar.

Every color of the rainbow dominated the various booths, all sorts of sounds swirling amongst a boisterous song that was repeatedly pierced by the whistle of fireworks bursting into the sky.

Dozens upon dozens of people filled the street. So many that it was impossible to walk without brushing against at least one person within every few paces.

And of course, everything was Chuuya themed.

The snacks? Deep fried Chuuya sticks. Balloons? All shaped like him. The goldfish scooping? Why use goldfish when you could use miniature Chuuya figurines instead? And he could swear that he just saw some little kid run past him in a Chuuya yukata. And not to mention the randomly placed banners that seemed to swing from each and every available space.

In fact, he nearly walked face first into a particularly large one that in giant, aggressive font read: EVERYONE LOVES CHUUYA.

It was like he wasn't even in Yokohama anymore.

Chuuya found himself the awkward fifth wheel to the military unit as they bickered among themselves about what booths to check out and how much money they should spend trying to win the Chuuya Cardboard Cutout at the Throw The Knife At The Dazai Cardboard Cutout booth.

At first, he was constantly on edge, hiding behind Tetchou whenever someone seemed to stare at him too long.

But oddly enough despite being so far deep in the madness, Chuuya eventually begun to relax just the tiniest bit. No one had noticed him. If he could just pass the rest of the night like this, maybe everything would turn out okay.

A moment later, that conclusion was quickly proved wrong.

The Hunting Dogs plus Chuuya were headed for a screening of a film of Chuuya watching his favorite movie, A Boy and His Dog (where did they even get that footage?) when they came across a slightly elevated stage.

Standing on top of it was a man that Chuuya did not recognize but looked an awful lot like a stylish clown.

"Ladies and gentlemen and those of you who don't subscribe to either of those binary options!" the clown shouted, throwing his arms wide. He was using a microphone, so his voice reverberated loudly over the rest of the commotion.

"Who's that?" Chuuya whispered. He hadn't really been expecting an answer but Tetchou leaned down and in an equally hushed voice answered, "Nikolai Gogol, Dostoevsky's boyfriend I think."

"Eh? Fyodor? But I was just-"

"I am very sorry to have to make this announcement," Gogol went on, pacing the length of the stage, "but Fyo-chan just sent word that he's in a bit of a bind right now so it looks like our Big Event may be delayed."

The crowd that had formed before him let out a groan.

"I know, I know. An honest shame." Gogol said, "but don't you fret darlings, my fellow Chuuya fanatics! We have a game for you all to play in the meantime!"

Chuuya didn't have a good feeling about this. He pulled the cape tighter around himself, "Uh, Captain Ouchi? Didn't you er, want to see that film?"