Five boys, One girl, One Band

"Congratulations to those of you whose name I have called out, you will be advancing further on into the competition. Others, we are very sorry but we hope you did your best," finished Simon as the judges exited the room.

I felt tears stream down from my burning eyes, but I tried my best to keep my composture strong.

Katie ran over to me while Cher celebrated along with her other friends. Both of them had advanced further into the competition.

"Y/N...I'm so sorry," she said giving me a hug.

"It's alright. I guess singing just wasn't meant for me," I said wiping my eyes.

"Congratulations my the way!" I smiled at her before I ran off backstage to find Harry.

I looked around the corridors and found a curly-headed boy wearing a classic grey beanie standing with another blonde-haired boy, both visibly upset. It's them.

"Did you guys get eliminated?"

They looked up and managed to slightly nod. "You?"

I shook my head as a 'yes' and gave them both a hug.

I felt sicker by the minute the longer I stayed here and just wanted to go home already. I wasn't good enough.

We made our way through the building and were packing up our things, getting ready to head back to the hotels when we were all gathered back into our groups for a last-minute announcement.

"From the girls, would Sophia Wardman, Geneva Lane, Rebecca Creighton, Esther Campbell, and Y/N Y/L/N join us on stage please,"

My disappointment turned into confusion. Why did they want us back on stage?

I followed along with the other girls and entered one of the backstage rooms, where we waited to be called out on stage.

"Oh- Y/N, please join the boys in the other room," said the announcer as I was beyond confused at this point. I entered the door that led to the second backstage room to find five boys, including Harry and the blonde Irish one I've seen multiple times before.

"Why did they call us on stage?" I asked Harry quietly.

"I dunno but they're probably just going to make us cry on camera again," he said, a tint of anger in his voice.

We qued up on stage, me and the five other boys on one side while the four girls on the other. Silence was all I heard and every shred of my hope was lost.

"Now, you all are probably wondered why we've brought you here," started Cheryl. She continued speaking for the most part but I was too devastated to listen as my eyes started to well up with tears.

"...we felt that you were just too talented to let go of. And we think it would be a great idea to have two separate groups," is what immediately snapped me back into reality. What?

We all looked at each other confusingly.

"We've decided to put you in a band." finished Simon.

I felt ecstatic. This means I could stay in the competition. Immediately cheers of joy sounded around me as we gave each other a big group hug in celebration.

And that was how it all started.