Chapter 10: Whores R Us

You are in for a long chapter. Just a warning. I have been procrastinating a lot in my writing and so I decided to treat you and me!

EMERYN

"Hey guys. What did you do last night?" I put away my books in the locker.

"Binge watched Harry Potter for the hundredth time and did homework. Mostly binge watched." Rosalie answers.

"I went on a date with Theo." Talia answers shyly.

"Theo? Mall guy Theo?" I whistle. This was certainly new news.

"Why weren't we informed? What outfit did you wear? What shoes? What make up?" Rosalie fires question after question, clearly agitated at being not called to for dating clothes advice.

"It was kind of impromptu. We ran into each other at Gary's bar and then he took me to McDonald's and a drive-in movie."

"That is alright then I guess." Rosalie concedes and Talia and I share a glance.

We start walking to our Calculus class when Jesse passes us.

"Hi Emeryn." He smiles the one dimpled smile at me and winks.

"Hi Jesse." I smile back, watching him disappear around a corner.

Anyone who witnessed this moment and knew us would know something had shifted between us. We were more familiar with each other.

"What just happened?" Rosalie, ever the nosy one, asked.

"Jesse and I might have ran into each other at mom's doctorly gathering." I say.

"Did everyone go on a date except me." Rosalie throws her hand in the air. A male arm winds up on her shoulder.

"I didn't go on a date." It was Felix Romano. He was a funny guy with an interesting personality who was also interested in Rosalie.

"You don't count Felix because you never have been on a date."

"Ouch." Felix winces at Rosalie's words.

Talia and I share another glance and smirk at the obvious sexual tension between the two.

__________

During lunch, Felix decided to invite himself to our table. He said he connected with us. Rosalie commented that it must be because of me because he had never even talked to Rose or Talia before I came. Felix said that I just gave him the confidence to pursue someone he liked.

It was all very amusing to watch.

During the one hour lunch period, I had caught Jesse glancing at me thrice and Paris glaring at me all the time.

"Can we go to the carnival tonight? It is a Friday and I want to do something fun." Talia asks as she bites into her cheeseburger.

"Sounds fun." both Rosalie and I agree as we watch Felix take apart his cheeseburger.

He took the pickle slices and ate them. Then he swiped the mustard in his finger and started sucking them dry.

"Felix, what are you doing?" I ask, concerned when he even eats the cheese slice from his cheeseburger. Who eats a cheeseburger without cheese?

"Eating my cheese burger." He then puts the bun back on top and bites into the bun, patty, ketchup, onions. It wasn't even a cheeseburger anymore.

"What time should we leave?" Talia continues talking.

"Five?" Rosalie suggests.

"Sounds good. Let's video call for outfits. Okay?"

The bell rings soon after and we all stand up to return back to classes. Talia tags along with me because we both have history together.