Chapter 16: Mini golf

EMERYN

Today we decided to go mini golfing. Initially it was supposed to be only me and the girls but mom forced me to take Cameron too so I asked Talia to rope her brother in too. She hasn't replied with a definite yes or no yet so Cameron is still on standby.

My phone rings. Seeing Talia's name pop up, I exhale in relief.

Fucking finally.

"Talia, girl I have been waiting ages. Cam already bugged me thrice. So, what did your brother say?"

"Umm...hi. I am Beck, Talia's brother." a nervous voice replies to my question.

"Oh hi! I am Emeryn, Cameron's sister. You wanted to know something?" I ask because that is the only thing I can think of for Beck to talk to directly.

"Yes, I just wanted to make sure that Cameron was actually coming because I didn't want to end up at a party again."

I snort. "Shit, Tals actually left you at a party? Damn, that's hardcore. Anyways Cameron is coming, if you want, I can put him on the line." I wait for his confirmation before shouting for my brother.

"Cam! Get in here!"

"What? Did your friend reply?" he bursts into my room.

"Beck's on the line. He wants to talk to you."

Cameron actually sets his hair before taking the phone from my hand. I mean, it wasn't even a video call. God knows what goes on in my brother's mind. I return to my make up while keeping an ear on the conversation.

"Hey man, you wanted to talk to me?" Cameron puts the phone on speaker. Cameron might be outgoing with me but I know he has trouble with people he doesn't know well. So he usually keeps his calls on speaker when I or mom are there so that I am in the loop when he asks for help to continue a conversation.

"I just wanted to make sure you were actually coming and that Talia wasn't pranking me again." Beck's voice sounds embarrassed. Probably because he doesn't want to tattletale on what Talia did to him.

"No worries, I am coming. So see you there?" Cameron looks at me in the mirror and I give him a thumbs up. He smiles.

'Kay, see you there." Beck cuts the call.

"How did I do?" Cameron looks near panic so I set my mascara wand down and walk up to him.

"You were great. I am sure you will get comfortable talking with Beck soon too. Now go get dressed. I am not having a sloppy brother with me tonight." I playfully pull at his sweatpants to gesture to what I meant when I said to get dressed.

He quickly scrambles up and darts out of my room like it was on fire. I laugh loudly and go back to getting dressed.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen. I want a few ground rules established. Beck and Cameron, anywhere you go, you must either inform one of us or just stay with us. Tals and Rose, no drinking unless it is a virgin or a water or a soda. Got it?" I twisted in my seat to look at the three people in the back and Cameron who was riding shot-gun.

"Yes ma'am!" the girls reply as the boys nod.

"Good! Let's go and have some fun!" I cheer as I hop out of the car.

Cameron doesn't do well with huge unknown crowds either so he

sticks by my side as we get ourselves tickets to enter. Rosalie and Talia of course end up paying for their part because I may be a lot of things but I simply can't say no to pouty lips and big eyes.

"Cameron, you need to be with Beck too. I asked Tals to bring him along to help you so come on little brother. Give yourself a chance!" I talk to my 14 year old brother as if he is 4.