Chapter 3: Bonding day

EMERYN

Sharp at 9:30, Rosalie rolls up the driveway in a pink open-roof car.

"Come on get in girl! It's shopping day!" Rosalie whoops throwing her hands in the air as I throw my purse in the back seat.

"Well, don't you seem excited at 10 in the morning on a Saturday." I grumble.

"That is because I wake up at 6 every day. No matter what."

"Oh yes, I completely forgot. You are a nerd." I smirk. She punches my shoulder as she accelerates out of the estate. "We picking Talia up?"

"Yup. You live closer to me than her hence resulting in you having to be picked up at 9:30."

After picking up Talia from her house, we make our way to some new mall at the edge of the town.

Throughout the way, Talia and I sing at the top of our voices while Rosalie pretends that she isn't in the same car as us.

"Welcome to Jeylud mall. Don't question the name. We have forever 21, Gucci, Prada, Chanel, RL, Fendi, Armani and Under Armor, and others. Which one do you wanna hit first?" Talia spreads her arms wide open to indicate towards the huge mall at the outskirts of the city.

"Forever 21?"

"Sounds good. Let's go!" Talia cheers.

"Uh, girls? You guys go ahead, I'll join you." Rosalie mutters before practically sprinting away.

"What was that about?" I ask in confusion.

"That was Rosalie going to see her crush."

"Oh! The hot guy?" I ask.

"Yup, now let's go and get some shopping done!"

After Forever 21, we go to a few other shops before Rosalie joins us again. She starts gushing about what he did, how he looked, what he wore, and stuff. We shop some more before finally deciding to hit the food court. The girls certainly have an appetite for shopping, I hope they have one for food too.

"I am famished. Who takes an hour in an accessory shop?" I complain as we make our way to the food court.

"Right?" Talia huffs playfully glaring at her best friend.

Rosalie smirks and shrugs. "I like to buy useless hairbands and bracelets. Honestly Tals, you ought to be used to it by now."

"Believe me, I am. But that doesn't mean I won't take advantage of finally having some more support to complain against it."

All of us chuckle. As soon as Subway is in sight, I quickly make my way to it.

"Hi, I would like a veggie delight."

"Sure. Which bread?"

"Parmesan oregano. 6 inch."

"Cheese?"

"Single. Toasted."

The guy gets to work. He cuts the bread in half before adding a single layer of cheese and placing it in the oven.

"Vegetables?" he asks as he places the brown bread on the counter.

"All except Jalapeno. Extra lettuce."

"Sauces?" he finishes settling the olives down before asking.

"All but hold the red chili."

"Salt and pepper?" he asks once he has drowned the sub in sweet onion on my insistence.

"Sure."

"Anything else?" he closes the sub and taps it on the counter to settle down the ingredients.

"Coke and a warm double chocolate chip cookie."

"That will be 3.50." he tears off the receipt and hands me my order on a green tray.

I grab the tray and look around trying to spot Rosalie or Talia. It's a good thing we left the shopping bags in the car because this place is crowded.

I spot them near McDonald's. I gesture to them that I am back and immediately dig into the deliciousness.

"Was this a one-time thing or do you have something?" Rosalie asks sitting down opposite me.

"I have had a long-term relationship, like 3 years long."

"You getting married anytime soon? Or cheating or divorcing?" Talia asks.

"We have an open relationship. He lets me taste other men." I reply casually.

"Gosh, we are ridiculous," Talia says after we sit in silence thinking back to the ridiculous conversation we just had.

"That's why we are going to stick together." Rosalie winks.

"Hi ladies, I couldn't help but overhear and I wanted to know, were you talking about a guy?" a guy who had been sitting behind Rosalie turns to ask us.

The three of us burst out laughing.

"Of course not. I was asking her about her sub." Rosalie says.

I don't think he hears her because he is busy staring at Talia.

"Hi." she blurts out.

"Hey." he smiles.

"Hi," she says again.

"Hi."

"Hey."

"Gosh, this is painful." I groan. "Stranger boy, this is Talia, Stranger boy tell your name."

"Oh, right, I am Theo."

"Hi Theo, nice to meet you," Talia says blushing.

"You too."

"Alright love birds, wrap it up. Theo if you are alone or have a hot friend, join us." I say wiping my sticky fingers with a napkin and dab my mouth as I take a sip of the fizzy drink.

"Unfortunately, I am alone but I'd like to join you guys. Where do you go?"

"Home," Rosalie replies.

Theo guffaws and then sobers up. "I meant which school."

"East high," Talia answers, twirling a strand of her black hair with her forefinger.

"I went there too," Theo replies as he swipes a bit off my cookie. Unfortunately, he removes his hands before I can claw at them for stealing my food.

"Really? What do you mean went?"

"I graduated two years ago. I go to U of F now."

"Uni of Florida? Damn. What is your major?" Rosalie asks through a bite into her hamburger.

"Accounting."

"You don't look like a nerd." I say.

"I play football too." he adds.

We spend three more hours with the college student before Theo finally asks Talia out. They exchange numbers before we leave.

I believe the bonding day was a beautiful success.

Looks like someone's busy making new friends.

Predictions on the next chapter?? No? Me neither.