Chapter 12: The one with the highlights

"He ignored you?"

"And kissed Paris in front of you?"

"The nerve of that guy!"

"I am going to castrate him!"

"Guys, we weren't dating. Paris is his girlfriend. He has the right to kiss her wherever." I try to sound nonchalant but the girls are having none of it.

"He flirted with you. How dare he flirt with you, give you mixed signals and then make out with his girlfriend in front of you!"

"That little man whore!"

I sigh as Talia and Rosalie launch into a debate as to what the

easiest and most efficient way to kill Jesse and dump his body. After a while, they must have sensed my distress because they stopped talking and turned to me.

"How about we have a sleepover!"

I fake enthusiasm at Talia's words and smile. "Of course! My house?"

"Sure." both agree.

"We pack our bags and come over immediately after school? We could complete our homework too." Rosalie proposes.

"Sounds like a plan."

I text mom that I am having a sudden sleepover with the girls and that we will go grocery shopping ourselves.

I throw away my tray and turn back to the girls to give a go ahead on the sleepover plan when I make eye contact with Jesse. Paris is draped across him but his expression is something akin to regret. I shake myself. I must be imagining things.

_____

"Can we please not do that?" I beg the girls as they scroll through my phone. They have been here for two hours and are already creating trouble. In the first hour, we finished our homework and went grocery shopping for snacks and candies. Then we started playing Truth or Dare.

Currently it is Talia's turn and Rosalie dared her to call Jesse and curse him through my phone.

"Jesus Em. What name have you saved him as?" Rosalie groans.

"SC."

"What?" Rosalie looked up in surprise.

"SC." I repeat again.

"What does it stand for?" she questions as they continue their hunt for Jesse's number.

"Secret crush."

"Good one. Not that it is much of a secret. Alright. Found him. Talia here you go."

Talia puts the call on speaker, when the call connects, Jesse's husky voice filters through.

"Hello? Emeryn?" my heart breaks at his hopeful tone, though why he is hopeful is beyond me when he was the one who chose to ignore me first.

"You motherfucking asshole! How could you? We get that Paris is your fucking girlfriend but why did you have to flirt with our Emeryn and lead her on? I swear I want to castrate your fucking dick off and feed it to you! I hope you have a huge appetite because I heard that you have a large dick. You are so fucking lucky that Emeryn doesn't want us to hurt you or you would have already been 6 fucking feet under! You stay away from Emeryn. Have I made myself clear?" Talia doesn't give Jesse a chance to answer before she ends the call and takes a much needed deep breath in and smiles.

"That felt amazing."

I smile through my tears and jump on Talia thanking her and Rosalie for their support and friendship.

"Alright. Enough mush. Talia, spin the bottle." Rosalie orders.

_____

"Cameron! Get in here!" I call out to him as Rosalie and Talia do my hair. They were giving me a makeover using the stuff we bought when we were out grocery shopping.

"What?" he asks, annoyed.

"Can you pretty please give me your stash of gummy worms? I will buy them for you tomorrow." I pleaded because we had finished mine.

"No."

"Please?" I pout.

"..No."

"Please?" I drag the word out and put on my best puppy dog eyes.

He hesitates. Then his shoulders slump.

"Fine, but you have to get me five packets in exchange for my four. Deal?"

"Deal." I cheer, I would hug him if I could.

"Alright, Cam, you get our candies, Em, you stand up and go in the shower. Talia will wash your hair and you will keep your eyes closed. Clear?"

"Yup."

After she washes my hair, I shrug on my purple robe and walk back

out. Rosalie blow dries my hairs and Talia applies the serum.

"Okay, you can look." Talia gives the permission.

I look in the mirror and gasp.

"Guys! You highlighted my hair!? Did you ask mom's permission? Shit! These highlights are awesome! Thanks!"

"We asked aunty for permission, and they are awesome aren't

they?" both squeal excitedly.

I admire the way the purple shades look on my blond hair.

"How did you know my favorite colour was purple?" I look at them in the mirror.

"Girl, are you kidding us?" Rosalie looks at Talia and me.

"Yeah, almost everything you have is purple. The shades are varying but the color is the same." Talia explains.

"Great work detectives!" I wink at them.

"If this is the amount of work we have to do as a detective then sign me up!" Talia says. Rose and I laugh at Talia's dorkiness.

"Alright girls." I pick up the candies Cameron left behind and we all settle in my bed for a night of movie marathons.

The sleepover was a success. I almost forgot all thoughts of Jesse until we started watching Pitch Perfect.

If anyone didn't get the Pitch Perfect reference hit me up!

On another note, how are you feeling with this chapter?

Good? Bad? Eh?