Chapter 6: Chit talk

EMERYN

I see Jesse standing at his locker as soon as I enter the hallway. I also see Paris leaning onto him and whispering in his ear.

I sigh. I have no right to be jealous. They are a couple, Jesse and I aren't. Doesn't mean I am any less jealous.

I walk towards Calculus wondering what I should do about my crush towards Jesse. Do I ignore it and wait for it to go, or do I do something about it? My head says to let it go while my heart says to pursue it and I don't know who to listen to.

I am pulling out my notebooks when Jesse sits down on his chair beside me. He turns to me with his mouth open as if to speak but is interrupted.

"Alright class. Settle down. We will be starting with integrals today." I start making notes of the new topic we are halfway through the class when a crumpled piece of paper lands on my desk. I open it to see Jesse's sprawling handwriting.

Want to chit talk?

I hesitate for a second before answering.

Sure. :)

What is your middle name?

Huh? That is a random question.

I don't have one. What about you?

Wow, I think you might be the first person I have talked to who doesn't have a middle name. ;P
Mine is Kingston. I know it is weird so please don't laugh.

Kingston? I chuckle at how random that was. It must have been louder than I wanted it to be because the neighbouring kids shot me a glare. I look at them with the 'sorry' face before turning to Jesse and making hand and face gestures to show how totally random and unique his middle name was.

Are you in photography class because you are interested?

I write the question to change the topic taking into account Jesse's embarrassed face. Poor boy.

Nope. Easy credits. U?

A passionate hobby. My dad was a freelance travelling photographer.

Wow. That's so amazing. Teach me some tricks to get better grades in photo class?

Sure :D

Hey, another random question. Do u like partying?

Yup. Why?

My buddy Wesley is having a party 2morrow. U wanna attend? I have extra invites for u n ur girlfriends.

Sounds fun. You have them on you right now?

Jesse reads my answer then immediately rummages through his book bag and takes out 3 cobalt blue invites. He passes it to me and I take it after throwing a cursory glance at Ms. Hale. Good, she has her back to us. After reading the time and date, I throw a thumbs up at Jesse.

We don't talk after that and instead focus on the rest of the lesson, not that it was long after because we wasted our time chatting.

"See you at the party tomorrow?" Jesse asks as he slings his bag over his shoulder after the bell rings.

"See you there!" I grin at him before turning to Rose and Talia excitedly. I wave the cobalt blue invites at them and they come over to me squealing.

"Oh my gosh, girl! I can't believe we are going to Wesley Mason's party! Eep! I love you so much!" Talia squeals as she hugs her invite to her chest and sighs.

I laugh at her theatrics and ask why she hadn't attended any of Mason's parties before.

"They are invite only and they mostly have them within the elite circle and their friend bases here and in colleges. Us commoners were never given second thoughts but you, my babe have given us a chance to experience an elite gathering and I love you for that!" Rosalie smooches me before we continue on to our next class.

That was probably the shortest chapter here yet and I am sorry about that. But as I said on my IG account, Wattpad erased this entire chapter and I made the stupid mistake of not backing up the story so I had to rewrite the scene and the chapter cut down to half.

I would love the thoughts on this chapter!

What do you think motivated Jesse to invite Emeryn and her friends to an elite event?

I promise the next chapter will be better.