010.

CHAPTER TEN

✧✧✧✧✧

         LAFAYETTE HAD CALLED HER A STUPID CUNT WHEN SHE TOLD HIM THE REASON AS TO WHY SHE HAD A LATEX DRESS ON HER BATHROOM FLOOR THAT EVENING.  Dakota couldn't blame him because if Sookie had told her the same thing she might have had the same reaction. It had been four days since she had been at Fangtasia and she hadn't seen Eric or Pam, and maybe it was for the best.

The feeling of being covered in blood was still fresh on her mind and she didn't like it one bit. Dakota had taken three showers that night and she still felt disgusting. The smell had been horrid. The fact that vampires exploded once they'd met their true death was something she hoped to never witness again. Lafayette had kept her mind of it most of the weekend as they watched movie after movie.

Unfortunately, it was no longer weekend and Dakota had to go back to work and it was a morning shift, which she loathed. Dakota was not a morning person, and though she could appreciate quiet mornings alone at home, she didn't want to deal with crude thoughts so early in the day.

"Oh my god." gawked Amy, a new waitress. The woman was dating Jason and she was nice enough, though her mind was an odd place to be in. "It is beautiful."

"I know, right?" Arlene gushed, looking at the diamond on her finger.

"You got engaged?" Dakota asked, taking the redheads hand and inspecting the ring. It was small, but it suited her and looked good on her hands. Just the right size for Arlene. "I had no idea. Congratulations, Arlene."

Arlene almost squealed in happiness. "Thank you, darling. Rene asked me Saturday evening. Oh, it was so romantic. I can't believe this is happening."

"So, you guys having an engagement party or what?" asked Amy.

"Oh, we'd like to." nodded Arlene. "But I don't know where we'd throw it. You know, our place isn't big enough." The redhead emphasized the last sentence, raising her voice every so slightly so Sam who stood at the bar could hear her.

Sam pulled a face and sighed, glancing at Dakota for a moment before turning to Arlene. "You could have it here, if you like."

"Oh, thanks." Arlene said, knowing exactly what she was doing. "But I wouldn't wanna put you out like that."

"You wouldn't be putting me out. It'd be like any night." Sam shrugged his shoulders. He was way too good for his friends when some of them didn't treat him the same way. "Except I'd close the place to the public for you and your nearest and dearest."

"Oh, wow, Sam." she grinned at Amy and widened her eyes a bit as she peeked at the bar owner. "That would be amazing. Except I was thinking, could we maybe do it in the warehouse next door? Or even outside? 'Cause if we did it in here, it'd feel like work, you know?"