042.

CHAPTER FOURTY TWO

✧✧✧✧✧

          IF THE AUTHORITY WAS HERE, WHETHER ACTUALLY THEM OR JUST THEIR PAWNS, IT MEANT THAT THEY WERE IN DANGER. Especially if they were here for the death of the magister, which had been at Russell Edgington's hands, but happened at Fangtasia.

Dakota took a step back as Eric vamp sped through his office while Pam watched her maker desperately. The vampire cleaned off the blood from his skin and changed into a fresh pair of clothes in the blink of an eye.   

"What do we do?" asked Dakota, eyeing the viking.

Eric's pale arms hung loosely by his side as he turned to her. "I want you to stay behind me, and if something happens, you run and you don't look back."

Dakota knit her brows together and gave him a small nod. Eric tore his gaze away from her face and directed it toward his own maker. Godric seemed to know what he meant and as the viking made a move to leave his office, Godric made sure to keep close to her.

The bar was filled with armed men, dressed in protective gear from head to toe as they stared the small group down. The clicking of heels echoed through the room and Nan Flanagan, the news woman and bitch from Dallas, made herself known, glaring at them through her sunglasses. 

"I'm sorry, Miss. Flanagan." said Eric, small grin on his face. "The bar is closed."

"Thank you, I already ate." she retorted, taking off her glasses and placing them into her pocket. "Tru blood only, of course. Can't stay out of trouble, can you? The VRA is two states away from ratification. I should be kissing asses in Oregon, not cleaning up after you in fucking Louisiana."

Eric was good at deceiving people and he tried. "Oh, I promise. There is nothing amiss in my area."

"Shut up." Nan hissed. "You're making my head hurt. Officers, silver him."

Dakota watched in horror as two officers took hold of him and smacked a small silver device onto his left shoulder. The blond grabbed onto Pam's wrist in fright, and the vampire let her as Godric let out a snarl, livid to see them hurting his progeny. There were too many of them and there wasn't anything they could do even if they wanted to.

Eric hissed, eyes squeezed shut from the amount of pain he was in and fell to his knees, weakened. Beside Pam, Ginger began to scream with all her might, the shrill sound of it echoing through the room.

"Officers," grimaced Nan. "take her away."

One armed man grabbed Ginger by the arm and hauled her from the room, fear evident on her face as she screamed bloody murder. The sound of her decreased when the door closed, faints screams coming from the other room.