Jungkook Encounters (Re-written)

Wordcount: 2697 words! ✨🫶🏻

-

My aunt doesn't recall my mother wearing a headband the day she disappeared.

But I do.

Although, because of my condition, I have no idea what the color of the headband was. Everything in the world is gray for me. So I just can't say, what color it truly was.

"Yellow.." My mother said.

"Yellow..?"

What does Yellow mean?

I woke up from a nap, on my bed, with no mother beside me, no father either.

"Oh, a dream." It has always been the same dream, but this time it's different, she spoke to me. Whenever I'm stressed, I would dream about my mother, but she just managed to make me even more stressed day by day. Still dazed, I looked around the room, taking in everything I just heard.

I decided to get out of bed and step into the living room only to see my aunt drunk and asleep on the sofa with piles of empty beer bottles on the clear glass table in front of her, the television still on. She's at it again. I sat on the floor next to the glass table, picking up the remote control, I flipped through the channels to find something interesting to watch to calm my stress. While doing so, I found one that caught my eye, a murder case.

"A man in his 40s kidnapped a woman in her 30s and held her captive against her will."

"According to some acquaintances, the suspect is a monochromat." The reporters voice echos out of the TV around my living room.

He's just like me.

"He appears to have taken her after her presence led him to identify colors."

I stare at the screen while putting the remote control down onto the glass table. Those like me with monochromatic vision who only see varied shades of gray are called a Mono. We are different from those with color blindness. Our cone cells aren't impaired, but our brains can't distinguish the colors. However, looking at the face of a certain someone, let us see colors. And that certain someone, is a person who opens the world of color to us, known as a Probe. Fortunately, there is only a rare chance of a mono meeting a probe. Quite a number of them don't get to meet theirs at all. Worried that they'll lose the ability to see colors again, Monos becomes obsessed with their probes. And with that strange addiction, it leads them to breaking the law. Monos and Probes should never meet one another, and it should stay that way.

I was caught of guard when my aunt turned off the television and climbed down to sit next to me. "Why are you watching things like this?" She said sternly while putting the remote control away and glaring at me. I noticed a folder on the floor. 'Application for student transfer.'

"I'm moving schools again?" I questioned, purposely interrupting her lecture to get her to stop talking. She looked at me annoyed but answered me anyway. "Yeah, to an all-boys school this time." She answered before having a sip of beer. "Not a coed school this time?" My aunt gave me a confused look. "Why? You think you'll be missing out?" She continued, "It's not like you'll ever date anyone anyway."

"Sounds like an insult but I prefer it that way auntie."

The reason for my move was probably because I beat up a boy who teased me because of my condition. Now that I'm changing schools again, it's becoming quite troublesome. Sighing, I put the folder back on the floor bidding my aunt goodnight and retrieved back to my room.

-

A way to start a new school year for me has always been me listening to my aunt's complaints about work. It's been a week since my dream with mom. I tried asking my aunt to find out what the hell yellow is, but she only brushed me off and answered with, "There's no need for you to know."