two

✰2

2

   Turning on the lights, your eyes wandered the messy atmosphere. You don't remember leaving your office like this.

Your face heated up in embarrassment as you rushed ahead of him. You began piling things together on top of your desk. You're always organized, today just had to be the day, right?

As you were lost in your own world, Namjoon had been resting against the wall. He watched you cross your legs, trying to avoid any underwear exposure when bending over your desk. The husky laugh he was attempting to suppress had escaped his throat making you turn around.

"I'm sorry," You sighed. "I slept in here the other day, that's why there's shit everywhere."

His eyes widened at your choice of wording. You're obviously a grown woman, he just expected it to take a while before you got on potty mouth terms. Once again, he swallowed back a laugh at the way your face dropped in fear. "Oh, I didn't-- it slipped." You added.

"You don't have to explain yourself." He said naturally. "We all curse," His back lifted off the wall. "And make messes in our offices, right?"

You were confused as to why he questioned you, but you nodded. "Yeah."

"Here, I'll help you." Before you could protest, he immediately got to work. The both of you tided up the room without hassle, and he was soon filling up the printer with more paper.

This whole time, he had already taken note of some of your mannerisms. You flip through your hair when you feel awkward and don't know what to say. That's exactly why you were standing right beside him, raking through your hair.

"This Johansson case? Where do we start?"

You straightened your posture. "Oh, right. Well I finished it last night, I just forgot the physical papers at home. Unless it deleted, which I hope not, all we have to do is get it on paper."

He nodded, finally rotating to face you.

"And your computer?"

"Sorry, it's over here."

He'd also taken note of how much you apologize. You've known him for less than a day and counting; you've probably apologized for meaningless things over a thousand times.

It was obvious that you were trying hard to do everything right. You did everything with precision, even opening up your computer.

"There." You pulled up the google doc with endless wording, the whole conversation your father had with his client documented. His fingers wandered over your computer screen, pointing at the time left off on it.

"You stood up this late?" He asked curiously, searching your eyes for any sign of tiredness.

"Mhm. That's not the only one I stood up finishing. I did others, that's probably why I forgot to bring it in this morning."