thirty four

3 years later >.<

"You're not getting away with this." You whispered to Katy, handing her a cup of coffee from downstairs.

She laughed in response, clicking her pen with her other hand. "All jokes aside, I need to give him a time before our break ends. Hell, I'd be surprised if he doesn't tackle me once I walk through that door."

"These are the consequences to your actions. You shouldn't be pursuing 5 guys at once. It's bound to catch up to you at some point."

You two waited to reach the office floor, now in the elevator and sipping on your caffeine.

"You're my boss. Aren't you supposed to be lecturing me for mixing work with pleasure?"

You shoot her a look, then raising your hand which now held your shimmering engagement ring.

"I'm the last person to lecture someone on that."

She scoffed, and you then remembered the semi-sensitive topic.

All though you and Katy settled on moving on from the tension, you had forgotten time to time the way things used to be.

It's been long enough for Katy to let her resentment toward you simmer down, but it does get awkward from time to time.

But awkward is all it gets when it comes to Namjoon, because if you were sure this woman still had a crush on him you would've kicked her to the curb long ago.

"I'll see you later." She smiled, waving before disappearing into the hallway.

As always, you had little to no time for yourself as someone rushed you.

"I need your approval on the proceedings for the Beom case."

You silently nodded at the distressed worker until he added; "today."

"I'm getting back to you on that before I head out. Come see me around 5–"

"I don't think I have that much time."

As Namjoon had taught you, you took a sharp inhale and held it there for a few moments before opening your eyes again.

"Let me talk to Namjoon about it. How does that sound?"

Finally, he agreed, giving you enough time to practically drag yourself into the office and shut the door behind yourself.

"Baby. Come look at this."

The first and last thing you wanted to hear on a day like this was the sound of his voice.

His level-headed tone seemingly cleared your anxiety, painting a smile across your features. Namjoon as always, was oblivious to the impact he had on you this way.

"I'm so happy to see your face right now." You grinned, shuffling over to his side to get closer. He raised a brow, allowing you to place your palms on the sides of his face.

"Are you alright?"

"Now, I am. What do you have to show me?"