five

✰5

5

Namjoon was a brilliant man.

It wasn't a first hand compliment, because everyone around him thought so. He was raised with expectations as high as presidential status.

So were you, but he didn't take it lightly.

After the age of 15, Namjoon began refusing all funds from his parents. Yes, the pressure they put on him was overwhelming, but he used it as an opportunity to thrive. So he broke off and built his own life.

He conditioned himself into success. He worked 9-5 jobs just to make ends meet. Whether it was fast food, janitorial service, or college he was juggling, he still managed to survive.

All so his parents couldn't hold anything over his head.

In this moment, Namjoon's journey to his beloved presidential status was shortening. He'd be there sooner than he thought, considering he's already being introduced as a future law firm owner.

Don't worry, it was a surprise to him too.

"How are you doing son? Would you like to take a break?" Your father questioned Namjoon, resting a hand on his shoulder.

Honestly, a break sounded amazing, but Namjoon would never voluntarily break so early. Mr. Choi has been introducing Namjoon around the party for about an hour.

The old man tossed his head back with laughter at Namjoon's hesitance. "Go chat around a bit on your own. Eat some food, and join me back here in another hour. How does that sound?"

Namjoon showcased a blissful smile, dimples apparent of course. "That sounds great. Thank you."

Now you on the other hand, have been watching your father prance around the party hand in hand with Namjoon the whole time.

And no, you weren't going to let him get away with it. Even if you wanted to get naked for him, you have your lines to draw. This was your battlefield and nobody is getting the easy way across without a few land mines.

Namjoon thought he could blind you. Of course, his desire for you as well was authentic, but he knew it would get you out of the way easily.

You'd forget about your position once he began fooling around with you. You'd focus on everything but your job, and that was perfect for him. That's what he thought at least.

He couldn't have a brat like you hovering over his future, could he?

But that was exactly, your plan. This is a two player game Kim Namjoon, and you will be playing it better.