The Day I Won't Soon Forget ((Phan))

{Requested by ThePinkSpiders}

You fucking asked for it so I'm giving it to you. Prepare to be broken.

Normally I'm a very happy person, with bright blue eyes that always seem to smile (or so I've been told). But this day was not the best in my life. And I can tell you why.

It was as nice a day, as always. I woke up to a room full of sunshine and a text from my boyfriend.

'Good morning sweetheart. I'll be at your house in about ten minutes.' He always visits me on the days he doesn't have school and we stay in my room all day with snacks and movies.

I hopped out of bed and walked down the hall that leads to the kitchen. I poured myself a bowl of cereal and made toast. I sat up in my bedroom, eating and waiting for Dan to get there.

All of a sudden, I heard a yell from outside. I looked out and saw a body clothed in all black with a car parked in front of it.

I made my way around the house and walked outside to see him with someone standing next to him, pacing frantically.

I ran to the scene, getting on my knees and holding his head in my lap. "What happened," I asked seriously.

"I-I don't know what happened. He just stepped out and I didn't have time to stop," the person replied, voice shaking.

I sighed. "He's never been very cautious." I ran my fingers over his cheek while shaking my head. "Call an ambulance," I said, a tear making its way down my face.

The person pulled out their phone and dialed 911. Dan's eyes opened slightly as he looked up at me before closing his eyes again. His hand slowly made its way up to grab mine.

The person informed me that there was an ambulance on its way.

"Don't worry, Dan. There's an ambulance coming," I spoke to the body laying limp in my lap.

He just groaned in response.

Within about ten minutes, the ambulance showed up and the team rushed out. Two men brought out a stretcher and they took Dan from me. I watched as they pulled him into the back of the ambulance. One woman looked at me and asked, "Are you going to ride with him?"

I stood up from the ground, patting the left over gravel off of my legs. "Yeah."

She lead me into the vehicle and we both sat there with the body of my injured boyfriend. When we got to the hospital, they made me wait in A&E while they did some medical procedures.

One woman walked out with a clipboard and came over to me. "Would you like to come and see him," she asked gingerly. "He may not have enough time; He was hit pretty hard."

I simply nodded in response and stood up with her as she guided me to his room.

She slowly opened the door to the empty room for me. I walked in and she went away, closing the door again. I saw Dan on the hospital bed, hooked up to a heart monitor and an air mask with IV's stuck in his arms. His breathing was slow and steady. I watched the rise and fall of his chest and the way the mask fogged up when he exhaled.

"Hi," I spoke quietly.

His eyes opened slowly and I saw a faint smile through the mask. He reached out for me and I took his hand in mine.

"I love you," I said.

He mumbled it back.

His heart rate began to speed up and he started gasping for air. I squeezed his hand in mine, trying so many pointless things to slow down his breathing and heartbeat.

Nothing worked.

I screamed out for him, tears running freely down my face. I yelled until his breathing stopped entirely and the heart monitor made one long, high-pitched sound. And he was gone. There was nothing else I could do, and I knew that. I shook my head rapidly in denial.

"No. No, no, no. No..."