Windows ((Petekey))

I sat in the back seat of my brother's small car, him driving, his boyfriend, Frank, in the passenger seat, and my own boyfriend, Pete, sitting in the seat bedside me.

It was cold outside, sixteen degrees fahrenheit, snow on the ground, the nighttime sky filled with stars, the moon hanging low like the Cheshire Cat's smile.

I gazed thoughtfully out the window, slowly raising my hand to rest upon the ice-cold glass. A ring of fog slowly faded into place around my fingers and as I took my hand away to rest in my lap once again, there was an outline of my hand still on the glass.

I looked over to Pete, seeing him try to do the same thing, but his hands were still too cold from the Ice Castles for it to work. He looked at his hand for a few seconds, a look of hopefulness on his face, before he realized that it wasn't doing the same thing that mine was and his facial expression fell, revealing his disappointment.

I couldn't help but giggle to myself, catching his attention and making him look over at me. "Don't laugh!" he said, trying to hold back his own giggles.

I leaned toward him and kissed his cheek slowly, feeling his face get hot. I reached for his hand and he let me hold it in my own.

He turned his head to look at me. "I love you," he told me.

I didn't even attempt to deny the huge smile threatening to infiltrate my lips. "I love you, too."