Running Down to the Riptide

ADELE BLACK: THE SEQUEL

RUNNING DOWN TO THE RIPTIDE

ADELE'S POINT OF VIEW:

I really had to stop dying; it was becoming a habit. A really horrible one.

I realized then that I was in the infirmary at Camp Halfblood.

A cup of nectar had been placed next to my cot, and I saw drips of it down my front, almost as if it had been forced down my throat. Ambrosia square crumbs laced my mouth.

Without being able to even see correctly, I found myself tumbling out of the scratchy sheets of the cloth. Making my way to the porch of the Big House, my vision blurred.

"Chiron?" I asked, the form of the man blurry. He was a good distance away from me though.

"Adele? You're alive!" Chiron exclaimed ecstatically.

I heard him gallop on over towards me. Slowly I could see him.

The centaur pulled me into a tight hug and placed me on his back. Chiron was like my second father.

Father.

Mine was dead.

"You gave me- everybody- quite a fright," he began, "nearly killing yourself."

I stayed silent. Awkwardly, he changed the subject.

"Apollo came down to visit you and to mend to you. He, uh, discovered that you need glasses."

I nodded. That would explain a lot. I knew that it wasn't because of my dyslexia.

All that mattered right now was that I was alive.

•••

It was now the beginning of July, and I stood right outside the front door at the Burrow.

Upon my face was a pair of black glasses with a larger rectangular-square type of a frame.

My hair was now blonde; I asked my mother to do that, so I'd look like my other siblings, and not a female clone of my father.

I had a little bit of a sunburn.

I was wearing a pair of blue jean shorts that reached my mid thy and a black tank top with the words "Running down to the Riptide" in blue, with a black bra underneath it.

My hair was in a pony tail, and I wore a small amount of natural make-up on my face.

Bags in hand, I knocked on the door.

I was suddenly shoved up against the wall in the front hall of the Burrow.

"What was the real reason that in Adele Black's third year we needed to use Ministry Cars?" Mr. Weasley demanded.

"Because of me being a demigod and a witch and being Sirius Black's daughter!" I yelled, confused.

"It's you. Sorry about that, but it's just for safety."

I nodded as he led me into the kitchen, vanishing my bags up into Ginny's room.

"Adele! Your hair!" I heard Mrs. Weasley exclaim.

I sheepishly smiled. "I thought that I'd ask my mom to give me blond hair, like the rest of my siblings. My black hair made me look like a female version of my.... Father."

She nodded. It'd take her a while to get used to it.

"Mum," the voice of Fred called. "George is stuck in his room. Ever since... Wait, who is this?"

I turned around and gave him an evil look. He looked ecstatic.

"Adele! Go upstairs!"

I nodded.

When I reached the Weasley Twin's room, I didn't even knock. I just barged through the door.

The figure of George Weasley lay down on his bed, face down.

I jumped on the bed. He looked up and with his eyes wide, he sat up and crashed his lips onto my lips.

"You're alive," he said.

"I am," I replied.

"I love you," he breathed as he kissed me.

I smiled and said into the kiss, "I love you too, George."

We kept on kissing, and sparks were flying everywhere. It soon got very intimate.

I'm going to skip some things because this book is not 50 Shades of Grey.

We book apart, panting. I lay next to him, and he next to me on his bed. I cuddled into his chest, and he put his arm around my bare back.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

•••

Hand-in-hand, George and I walked down into the kitchen.

All of a sudden, I was pushed against the wall by Remus Lupin.

In defense, I pulled out my sword and put it behind his neck. His face went ashen as he saw my emotionless face, and my perfect ten evil glare.

"Who was in my office with me the night we discovered Sirius Black was innocent?"

"Me! Adele Black!" I screamed.

I relaxed my sword arm, and let him free, but not so easily.

I turned so he'd be against the wall.

Taking my knife out as well, I pointed it to his neck and my sword to his side.

"Don't. Ever. Think. About. Doing. That. Again."

I let him go free and gingerly sat down at the table, George next to me.

"So how have you been, Adele?" Lupin asked me.

I sighed.

"Horrible," I bluntly said, "but you know, I'm used to it. So what's happened after my dad's...."

George squeezed my hand. This man is amazing; I'm so lucky to be getting married to him.

Mr. Weasley sighed. Giving me a look that stated that he was sorry, he told me, "There wasn't a funeral. Nothing went out in the papers."

Everything had gone back to when I was born from my mother's head.

Peril. The world was at war.

This world.

I've been in too many wars. And too many worlds.