14th Chapter

The day of our arrival to Manisa has finally come. I couldn’t wait to leave to Manisa because after what happened to Murad and me I was scared for my life and lives of my children. I was afraid if anything bad would happen to us in Topkapi once again.

While I was getting ready to pack my things and make sure we took everything we should, someone knocked on my doors. Maids opened and Gazanfer Aga showed there. While Nurbanu was still in Manisa, he was her loyal servant.

"Neslihan Sultan, I would like to talk to you," Gazanfer bowed to me looking all the time ashamedly at the floor.

"You came to me when your beloved Nurbanu Sultan left to Egypt?" I ayksd him and he just took deep breath.

"Sultana, I... I beg for your forgivness, I want to leave to go to Manisa back. I don't want to stay in Topkapi," Gazanfer said and looked at me. I knew he had a reason he would come here, because he was really loyal to Nurbanu.

"So your loyality lasted this long?" I asked him and laughed at his words.

"Sultana, I am ready to do whatever is needed go gain your trust. I swear to you I will serve you and only you," Gazanfer said and went down on his knees to kiss my robe.

"Has Nurbanu ordered you to do this?" I asked him as I had zero trust in man who changes his loyality as the wind blows.

"I served Nurbanu Sultana because she has forced me to do some things for her... I had no one else to serve there," Gazanfer said and looked at me but I signalised to him to stand up.

"I will do whatever you wish Sultana but please help me. I swear to you with my life that I will be loyal only to you," Gazanfer said not stopping to beg me.

"Are you sure you would do anything?" I asked him.

"Hundred percent sure Sultana, I came here to give you very important news I heard in Harem," Gazanfer said

"What are those?" I asked him.

"It is about who poisoned you and Şehzade Murad," Gazanfer said and took a letter he had in his kaftan and gave it to me.

"My brave lion, your mother is ready to do whatever is needed for your bright future. I did what was needed to make the throne ready for you. You, named after your great-grandfather will ascend the throne if God allows us one day. Wait for my news."

"This...?" I asked him as I couldn't believe what I have read.

"The great-grandfather would be, Sultan Bayezid," Gazanfer said to me and I knew that with this I could do excatly what was needed. But what I couldn't believe is that Hurrem would poison her own grandson.