Chapter 16 || Alexa and her little happiness

Claire's POV

The rest of the day just went uneventful, except the part Roman was so close to being late for his meeting. The way he was rushing for the meeting with untidy hair. How cute.

I'm on my way to check out on Alexa. It was then I realise,

Callum was here, before Roman even reached here this morning!

Guess they didn't get to meet or else Roman would've freaked out. This Roman guy got no chill when it comes to his sister.

'How's your day with Alexa?' I type and hit send to Callum.

He replies in within 30 seconds : 'It was fun. But she asked me to hide when her brother came. Lol.'

'Please tell me you didn't do it. Why would you even need to hide?' I reply, amused by how weird this is.

'Well, she told me, her brother is a control freak and that she doesn't want to spend the rest of the day explaining to him. And I have to respect her decision so yeah.' He replies, instantly.

'But anyway, thank you for today. I'll just meet Alexa directly next time. I shall have my stand and my way. Thank you for being the middleman for a day. :) 'Another text from Callum.

'I hope your own way doesn't include the Disney movies' cliche of climbing off the balcony. Good luck and c u when I c u.' I type back.

'😳' And he replies me this emoji.

I lock my phone and reach for Alexa. Ruth was with her, talking by the side of her window wall. I approach and greet them.

I raise an eyebrow on Alexa and she can't hide her smile.

"So you made one more friend today huh." I ask.

Alexa chuckles.

"How was your day with Roman?" Alexa asks.

I widen my eyes. Wait what? Did she...?
"How...?"

"Come on, I can tell even if I'm blind." She cut me before I'm able to finish my sentence.

"No way." I reply, still anxious about the thought that she might see something. Well, I hope not.

I turn to look at Ruth, and she turns to smile at me. She nods and smiles before I start asking.

"We can feel the spark Claire. To be honest, so many years of working here, this is the first time I've ever seen Roman gets so close with someone. He is a man with distance, until he met you." Ruth replies.

"Anyway, since Claire you're here, I'll leave it to you guys. I'll just head to the hospital now." Ruth takes her bag and bid us goodbye. "And Alexa, don't forget your next physio session!"

"I'll take note of that." I tell Ruth.

"So how's the physio so far?" I ask Alexa when there's only me and her.

"I... feel like it's not helping. I can only move my right index finger, and that's it. No improvement since the beginning." Alexa's voice fades.

I kneel down by her side, "I shall go with you next time, I'm gonna learn and massage the hell out of you."

My attempt in cheering her up works. She laughs. But deep down I know, I cannot expect much.

"C4." Alexa says it without looking at me.

"Huh?" I'm caught off guard.