Chap 7 || After Dinner (Part 2)

My first instinct is to push him away. It's awkward, really awkward.

"Umm, I'm sorry. I was just uh, uh, sorry." Roman runs his hand through his hair while saying it.

I try to change a topic.

"Roman, is it okay if I'm having an hour break tomorrow?" I'm going to ask anyway, I have to bring Troye back from the hospital, leaving him and dad to my mom alone isn't a good idea.

"To bring your brother home?"

Somehow my gaze fix on his. "How do you know?"

"You said it this morning." He shrugs.

"Oh, Did I ?" What an observant, I don't even aware of it.

"What time is it?"

"Around 12, at the noon."

"That's your break isn't it?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'm going at 12, I just worry I'll be back a little bit later."

"Kay, I'll let my mom and Ruth know, so they can look after Alexa for a while, I'll bring you there." Roman says unintentionally.

"Huh? No, I can handle it myself, I'm no one to take the offer." Of course no, who knows if Roman is earning thousands in every hour, i would prefer not to waste any single hour of his, because thousands aren't easy for me to earn.

Roman rolls his eyes, " Do you have a car?"

"No. Why?" I reply.

"So how are you going to make sure your brother is comfortable? A taxi? Are you sure he's not allergic to the seats where hundreds of people have sat on it?" He raises an eyebrow.

"At least I'll be 20 grand richer than last month. I can afford a better taxi." I shrug.

Roman lets out a chuckle, "Okay, it's up to you. Just call me if you need it. Anyway, the Callum guy, I heard him mentioned Alexa just now, what is he up to?"

Oh no, not again. I roll my eyes.

"I saw that." He snaps.

"I wasn't planing to hide it, so...I think you're being...over-protective over your sister." Every time I mention his sister, my cautious mode is on, because Alexa is a very sensitive topic for him. His mood can swing from heaven to hell.

"I don't think so."

There you go.

"It's not about you, you have to think for your sister, I mean, uh, maybe this isn't what she want. "

"She told you that?" His expression changes. He is not angry, nor disappointed, nor sad, he just looked...sorry.

"Nope. You don't have to be guilty for what you've done," Maybe I do make a point, and this makes him turning his gaze on me, again. "What I want to say is, you did your brother job pretty well, just that Alexa is old enough to make decisions for herself. I know every plans and decisions you made for her are of good intentions, but maybe she doesn't need it. You let her make mistakes, and you let her learn from mistakes. That's what we all have to go through, to grow up, isn't it?"

He nods slightly, "I'm nodding because you sound older than my grandmother, and it's rude not to obey what elders said."

"Ooi, you really can trigger someone with just one sentence." Though I said that, I'm not mad at him, whenever he takes in advices, he will act like he doesn't want to, and he'll go with all these sarcasms. Deep down I know, messages conveyed and received.

"By the way, how much for the dress I wore this evening?" I ask.

Now it's his turn to roll his eyes on me. "I wasn't going to make you to pay for it."