Chapter 20 - Broke his words

Claire's POV

And the day goes on.

The night before, when Alexa went out, she didn't get caught by her brother. She managed to get back home safely, and get back to her room before Roman even noticed it.

I'm relieved. Mrs Easton was relieved. We kind of made a silent agreement that this has never happened before. And ever since that day, my relationship with Mrs. Easton has became closer, so does the relationship with Alexa.

Weeks have passed. Alexa has been constantly sneaking out with Callum, and managed to make sure her brother never found out.

Roman and I have been spending time together, mostly to get to know each other even more whenever we find the time. He has been really busy recently (which is why he never found out Alexa whereabouts), sometimes he came home at midnight, which by the time I'm already back in my own house, then he'll just hit me a text to inform me that he's home.

Sometimes, we'll just spend the evening, sitting in his garden and just talk. Sometimes, he'll just bring me to the bakery that he used to bring me and Troye. He is different. He doesn't bring me to expensive restaurant like how you pictured a wealthy man will do, he brings me to all places that he think is special. Once he brings me to an animals adoption Center, and we kind of volunteer there for a day. Turns out he's been constantly donating funds for them. Sometimes he'll just drop by my house, because he has bought me flower, for no reason. Sometimes, he'll  just pop up in my living room without letting me know and show up with all the food that has successfully buy my family's heart.

I get to know him more as day goes by, but one thing that never came up was his family. He refuses to talk about his family all the time. Not Charlotte, not Alexa and not even his parents. And he never talk about what's behind the door in his bedroom, the door that has been constantly locked throughout all these time.

___________________________________
Today is the usual Wednesday again, Alexa has an appointment with the physiotherapist.

"Claire, I'm gonna tell you something." She whispers to me when I'm alone with her in her room.

I eye her. "Nah, not me lying again. Don't ask me to keep a secret again."

Alexa whimpers, "Please?"

"Roman is going to find out one day. I mean, you're not doing anything wrong, you might as well just tell him, okay?" I sigh.

Alexa has been hanging out with Callum more and more frequent, I know it's not going to take long for Roman to eventually find out.

Roman has been treating me so well, I don't want to do this to him. I don't want to keep a secret from him.

Me and Mrs Easton have been telling Roman that Alexa is not feeling well whenever she hangs out with Callum. It went from once a week, to current 3-4 times a week.  Somehow it makes Roman worry, because he actually thought his sister is not feeling well.
And it makes me feel so bad.

Sometimes when I sleepover in Roman's room, I'll wake up to have Roman sitting at the edge of the bed, trying hard not to worry about his sister. Whenever it comes to Alexa, Roman will have a rough night. Sometimes he can't sleep, sometimes he wakes up to a nightmare.

"And you have a physio session this afternoon, Alexa, I have to send you there."I continue.

"Please Claire, one last time. Then I'll tell my brother myself." She pleads.

"I'm gonna be in big trouble. You know that?" I sigh again. When I look at Alexa, she's looking at me with the innocent look. Nah, not again.

"I could've been able to do all these..."She whispers to herself.