Chapter 18 || :')

Roman's POV

Done with the sixth meeting of the day, I'm basically emotionally drained and physically exhausted. The company business is now expanding into another country, and I doubt dad will even have the time to have his dinner, leave alone the FaceTime dinner. Lol what was I thinking. This idea is literally nine years old. I don't even know how to initiate and ask him.

I ring his number anyway.

He does not pick up, as usual.

I sigh, and ring another number. This is the number he uses solely for business.

"Easton's Corp, Sarah speaking, may I help you?" Dad has a secretory for this line now, what even.

"This is Roman. May I talk to my dad?"

"Ahh, good to hear from you, Roman. Give me a minute." Unsurprisingly, she knows me. I bet dad has told her before.

"What's up son?" Dad picks up the line immediately.

"You didn't pick up your phone, dad." I'm resisting the urge to sound upset.

"I was rushing some documents back there, sorry I missed your call. So, hmm, what's the deal today?" Although dad sounds tired, he try to raise the pitch as if he's still energetic.

"Will you have time for dinner today?" I ask.

"You flying over here?" Dad sounds surprised.

"Nah, I want to have this family dinner thing, it's been so long we actually sit down and eat, and talk, so I just want to put everyone on the table and... ..." my voice trails off.

And make it feels like how it used to be, dad.

My thought is so loud that it echoes in my head.

"Ahh, no reason to say no aye. I'll make it, don't worry! What time is it?" Dad asks.

His reply catches me off guard. He just promised!

"7pm will do. Mom and Alexa don't know yet, I want to make it as a surprise for them."

"Roman, am I hearing it right?" Dad teases me with a raised tone.

"Dad, come on. This is me trying to be sweet." I chuckle.

"Like the diabetic rate in our country is not high enough." Dad replies.

"Dad's joke has never been this bad before. I'm sorry my man, you just made it to the history." I reply, laughing at the thought of how lame it is. "And, I've someone I wanted to introduce you."

Dad pauses for a while before replying, "so you're dating. Like finally??!"

"Technically, not yet. She's not my girlfriend yet, I haven't ask her to be." I reply.

"And she's meeting the parents anyway?" Dad asks.

"Nah, not counted as one 'meeting' yet. I just feel like I want her to be in this dinner." I shrug.

"My concern is, when are you going to ask her to be?" Dad asks, as supportive as always. You probably wonder, isn't corporation like us have to have bonded marriage or something, that can benefits your company in a certain way?

The answer is no. My dad doesn't do this shit. I once asked him before, and he told me he's not going to sacrifice his kids. He said, a company that needed to be saved is a company unworthy of being saved.

"Soon dad, soon. Timing." I chuckle.

"Now we talking about timing. You know when I met your mom..."