Chapter 12 - || Callum ||

Claire's POV

I wake up to a text from my mom saying my brother might be able to discharge in the afternoon if nothing is wrong.

I squeeze my eyes open, it's 6.00 in the morning, and I'm still in Roman's room, on his bed. My face flushes instantly when I think about what happened few hours ago.

Well, we did not have sex.

You probably be thinking 'oh-come-on, bullshit' but yeah, we didn't. We were about to, I mean, you can feel the temptation coming like a sunray from Roman, but we didn't.

Last thing I know, he was kissing me, pulling me closer and taking off my cloth. And that's it. I put a break on it as I thought the progression is way much faster than it should be. Or is it?

Oh silly me.

But to my surprise, Roman did not continue. He respected my request, he saw my uneasy, and he stopped.

I turn my head to the right and there you are, the hot and muscular, looking fine as hell, captivating on the outside type of guy, is now sleeping peacefully without his shirt on.

How can a person be having so many personalities? I've seen the cold and expressionless Roman on the first day I'm working here, then the mad Roman who was scolding me for leaving his sister alone, then the drunk Roman who would just curse on anything that gotten into his way, then the entrepreneur Roman who was passive-aggressively confident in himself, then the barely-holding-on Roman who can't stop his tears, and then now, the considering Roman who actually shows respect to a woman.

I use my finger to brush away the hair that's covering his forehead, and I mumble myself, "if only you can be this peaceful most of the time, how much better your life would be?"

My motion wakes him, and he jerks a little.

"Hi morning, why you're not sleeping?" The dryness in his throat has made his voice sounded more deep and raspy.

"Gonna start my day soon" I reply.

"So am I." He opens his eyes while replying, eying me to lie down.

"I have to prepare something before I check on Alexa." I respond.

"Well, it's still early, you slept late last night, I can wake you up in a bit if you want. Come." He extends his left shoulder and signals me to lie down.

Wait, what is happening now. Why do we act like we are already a couple. But I lie down anyway, lol.

The moment I lay my head on his shoulder, he pulls me into his hug.

"I think I forgot to ask, do you have a boyfriend?" He whisper in my ears, eyes still close.

The next thing I know, I squeeze my head into the tiny space between his arm and his body, hoping I can bury my body into the bed, and sync and become one.

____________________________________

While I was preparing breakfast for Alexa, it's already 7.55am in the morning, Roman has left for his work in his suit and tie.

I wash Alexa's face and brush her teeth, and dress her in a casual T and short jeans. When I am helping her to apply all the essential oil on her hair, what Roman said just now rings in my head, as if I can still see the images right here right now.

"I think I forgot to ask, do you have a boyfriend?"

My face flushes.

"No."

"Well then, you'll start having one now." He replies, then dozed off.

I shake my head at all the voices in my head.
What does it mean?