Chapter 19 || Be my girlfriend

Claire's POV

I'm taking a stroll in the Easton's garden, mind still distracted by the thought of 'how to explain it later.'

A second ago I was
'I'm going to just tell him, Why not? Alexa has her own life. He needs to stop acting dramatic.'

The next second I go into
'Or maybe I'll just say Alexa is tired and want to sleep?'

Urghh.

What does he mean when he said his parents and Alexa are joining? It seems like Alexa is unaware of it. So does he just make the decision by himself, assuming others should follow?!

Why does this guy's personality keep on changing?

I take a glance at my phone, 6.30pm.

My phone rings right after I check the time. It's Roman.

"How's the walk?" He asks, in a merry tone.

"What walk?" I frown. How he knows that I'm here?

"Mom said you and Alexa are spending time in the garden, how was it?" He asks.

Wait. What?!?!

"Mrs Easton said, I'm in the garden with Alexa?!" I widen my eyes, can't believe that fact that Mrs Easton came out with such an unconvincing excuse.

"Why do you sound so surprise?" He chuckles, "come on, dinners ready in any minute, you shall get Alexa cleaned up as well, if that's more comfy for her."

"Uhh, Urm, okay."

He hangs up the phone.

I'm dead. Not yet but going to. Mrs Easton just dropped a bomb for me.
While I'm heading back to the house, I send my parents a text, telling them I might be late tonight.

I head to Alexa's room and take a shower. I need to calm down.
So okay, when I go down later, I'm gonna just tell him Alexa is too tired and decided not to join.

Easy right?

I can't believe I'm lying to him!

I wasn't planning to lie to him at all!

I mean, technically I did plan, but I have actually came to a term that I'm gonna just tell the truth.
But now, Mrs Easton leaves me no choice. Can I even tell him that his mom is lying?

Urgh. Guess there's no turning point anymore.

I change to a black spaghetti strap top that I bring extra and my long jeans.

I head to the dining area, and to my surprise, the dinner table is set up with candles and wine.
This is so extra, but it's pretty.

But, everyone is wearing casual. Roman in his black T and long black pant.

Roman walks to me and gives me a hug, before he leads me to where I'm suppose to sit. A seat next to which supposed to be Alexa's.

I turn to Mrs Easton while sitting down. She is holding a bouquet of light red carnations, and looking so immersed in her own thought. She then turns to me and gives me an apologetic look.