Seamless

§Medusa§
§One month later§

Alec has been acting oddly for the past month, and he leaves the house at early hours in the morning to come back just four or three hours before leaving once again.

"Here's your breakfast, baby," I set the oatmeal bowl in front of him as he tried to keep his eyes open which tightened my heart. "Aww, sweetheart why don't you go back to bed?"

My baby boy shook his head "I have much to do today."

My right eyebrow arched "What kind of things?"

"I agreed to meet some of my siblings to play on the other side of the island where you planted that tree for us," he replied, picking up his fork.

I leaned down to peck his head "They will understand if you're too tired, baby."

Alec shook his head "I was away from them for so long."

"All right baby, I won't insist," I said, sitting to his right. "Just eat all your food so you have energy and take some tangerines for you and your siblings."

He nodded with a smile "I will momma."

Breakfast was lovely like every morning and then I sent off my baby boy with a bag of supplies for his siblings—I'm working on getting the ingredients to replicate the potion but this time on a much bigger scale. My love for them is equal but Alec has always just been such a special boy.

The entire morning I spent it in bed, drawing my mother's face from different angles and with different expressions but mostly her smile because it's a gift I don't ever want to forget. My mother reminds me a lot of Helen of Troy because of her looks which are nothing like mine; she was blonde with deep blue eyes and her hair was so long and in this perfect waves that were natural—everything a man back in those days desired.

The Trojan War started a year or two after my curse so I watched it all unveil; it was the dumbest war that has ever existed, but men would do anything to show how powerful they are over others. The only upside of it was to watch Achilles fight even if it was hard because he was a dear friend of mine—he was the first and last demigod to dare look my way, and for some reason he never turned into stone. When Patroclus died he was devastated because they were lovers and he only finished that war for revenge.

Enough about sad memories, it will only make me feel worse—I closed the notebook and got up on my feet to go into my bathroom, there I opened the bathtub's water and waited for it to be halfway filled to get in.

My days around here sometimes get really quiet and I just try to do as much as possible to distract myself from thinking about dark things. It was peaceful, listening to the waves crash in the distance but it was all interrupted when that gutting feeling took over my body: a deity is on the island.

I immediately got out of the tub and threw on my robe to rush to my bedroom and see if I could spot the being from there. My breathing was heavy as my eyes frantically scanned the shore.

"Hey Medusa," the male voice said and I instantly turned around to face the god: Hermes.

"Sir, wha-what are you doing here?" It's never good when he 'visits' me, and it makes me feel so uneasy my heart just races until I feel him leave.