Gleaming confessions

§Kharon§

Azrael and Athena have been with Medusa for seven hours now, and the only thing I've been able to do is sit on the beach, crying rage tears — they must all be killed.

I got up on my feet and wiped my tears away before appearing in Olympus, right outside Athena's bedroom. Just as I was about to reach for the gold handle, a hum stopped me.

"What are you doing, Kharon?" Ares asked in a calm tone.

My eyes gazed his way "I need Athena's weapon."

"For what exactly?" He asked, approaching me with a light smile "Are you going to get yourself killed in an attempt of avenging Medusa?"

"It is the right thing to do—"

"It's reckless and stupid," he interrupted. "You're one and they're three, besides they have battle experience and you—"

"I'm a useless little god, I know!" I exclaimed exasperated, unable to steady my breathing.

Ares gripped my arms "You are neither of those, Kharon but thirst for blood isn't what matters at the moment — Medusa is."

My eyes instantly filled with tears as my lower lip quivered "I heard it all, Ares and I was unable to do anything to stop it from happening...she's hurt on levels I cannot even comprehend."

"You don't need to understand it, you just need to be there for her," he gently gripped my face, looking into my eyes. "I can see how much you like her, Kharon."

I shook my head "All I want is to take care of her; she has been through enough with nobody at her side, and I know Athena does her best to take care—"

"But she has neglected her," Ares said in a calm tone. "I know, Kharon — even Athena knows, but, unfortunately, a lot of pressing matters wander these halls."

"I know," I nodded "it isn't my intention to reproach Athena, I just want Medusa to have someone to rely on."

Ares nodded "Then go back to the island and wait until you're needed — don't try anything stupid with my uncle just yet, all right? I don't want you getting hurt."

I sniffled as tears ran down my cheeks "I just want them punished for what they did to her, please help me do that."

"I will, okay?"

"Okay."

Ares gave me a tight hug and I went back to the island. I rushed back into the house and found Azrael in the kitchen, mixing herbs and magic dusts in a bowl.

"How is she?" I quietly asked; I don't want to startle Medusa.

Azrael looked at me with tears in her eyes "She's in so much pain, Kharon," my sister's lower lip quivered. "Athena and I have healed her physical wounds, but she keeps on reliving—"

"NO! PLEASE!" I heard the gut wrenching screams coming from the master bedroom.

"It's all right, my darling!" Athena assured.

Every limb in my body ached from having to stay in my place "Do-do you think I could see-see her? I want to make sure she knows I'll be he-here for her." I don't know where my stuttering came from — probably anxiety.