Impossible

§Kharon§

There's no way to sugarcoat Alec's departure. As if Medusa wasn't dealing with enough pain and grief, and now I need to add this to the list of things she has to deal with. On the way back to the house, I've been thinking about excuses I can make up for not finding Alec, but we are on an island, and it would be impossible not to find him if he was here.

Before entering the home, I took a deep breath, bracing myself for what's to come; this might drive Medusa to insanity. To my luck, she was in the kitchen, slicing fruit "I'm back."

Her eyes moved up from what she was doing as she stopped "Is he outside?" she walked around the kitchen island to approach me.

I cleared my throat "Medusa, he's not on the island."

She lulled her head in confusion "What do you mean by that?"

"I used magic to see the past and he left the island before he came to shore," I will not say the name of the ruthless deity.

Medusa shook her head "That's impossible, how could he have left? There's no way–" her eyes went wide "unless he asked Athena for help. Could you please find out for me?" She asked in a shaky voice as she fidgeted with her hands. "Alec has never been on his own; he must be so scared and I need to find him, please," she begged, walking around the kitchen island to grip onto my shirt.

I slowly nodded, taking her hand in mine "I will be back in a moment—"

"No," she shook her head "don't leave, just please summon her, but don't leave — Apollo will need someone if I can't take care of him."

It's sweet that she cares for Apollo that much, but at the same time I think it's sort of foolish when deities have done nothing but mistreat her. Medusa has a kind heart, but I don't want her to be taken advantage of, even if Apollo would never do that.

"Okay, Medusa," I nodded, cupping her face to keep her eyes on me. "Why don't you sit down?"

Medusa went back to the kitchen island "No, I have to take this fruit to Apollo; besides, staying still will only make it worse."

I cleared my throat "Athena, I need you on the island; it's an emergency." Within seconds, I felt the presence of two deities outside. "I'll be right back, Medusa, okay? She's just outside."

The brunette nodded "Tell her I'm sorry I can't come greet her, but I'm just not feeling like going outside or seeing anyone else."

"She understands, Medusa," I assured with a gentle smile before stepping outside; along with Athena, came my sister: Azrael.

"What's happened?" Athena asked with a concerned look. "Has she gotten worse?"

I shook my head approaching them "Alec is missing; I used magic to see what happened and he left the island before the attack."

"Attack? What attack?" Azrael frowned.

"The god who bound Medusa to this island came to land with his son and they murdered Medusa's children," Athena explained. "Alec is the only one she has left."

Azrael was immediately furious and turned her back on us to walk into the water "I'll beat this cunt—"

"No! No!" I rushed after her and carried her out of the water. "It would only do the opposite of helping Medusa," I explained, putting her down. "Right now we need to find Alec; he's all Medusa has."

Athena nodded "Okay; we'll go look for him, you stay here to keep an eye on Medusa — she needs to be distracted, otherwise the anxiety will consume her."