Shots

"Do we have to?" Jisoo was practically begging on her knees.

"It's a mandatory procedure."

"Why can't you give it to me instead?"

"Ma'am that's not how this works."

"Can't you just prescribe some pills and send her to me?"

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave, ma'am."

"You can't do that! Jendeuk needs me in there."

"Please exit before I call security."

"I'm so sorry. I'll have her calm down."

Lisa bowed and pulled Jisoo away from the receptionist.

She dragged Jisoo back to the waiting area and sat down.

"Unnie, stop embarrassing me! It's just a shot." She scolded Jisoo as she pouted in her seat.

The girls had come here for check ups. All reports came back fine but they were advised to get their flu shots.

Jisoo was too busy advising Chaeyoung on the importance of flu shots to see Jennie shivering behind her in fear.

Jennie gulped as she heard that it might hurt more than usual. She was about to ask Jisoo to go in together when the staff called for the older to go in first.

Jisoo and Lisa volunteered to get their shots first and were waiting out when they saw a hysterical Jennie run out of the room, yelling for Jisoo.

"JISOOOOOO!!!"

"Jendeuk?" Jisoo let Jennie bury herself into her, unsure what was happening.

The staff members that chased after Jennie, watched as they felt too uncomfortable to disrupt the sight in front of her. Jisoo narrowed her eyes at them, waiting for an answer.

"She refuses to take the flu shot without you in there. We can't allow anyone in for patients older than 12." The doctor spit out, scared of Jisoo's glare.

Jisoo laughed at Jennie's actions. Her girlfriend was such a baby.

"They'll hurt too much." Jennie spoke into her chest.

"And you call me childish." She felt Jennie pout harder.

"Jendeuk, it didn't even hurt, I promise it'll just feel like a little poke."

Jisoo was lying. Her whole arm felt sore right now.

But Jennie needed to get her shot and there was no other way to get her to do it.

"I'll be here waiting for you. You'll be fine."

Jennie trusted Jisoo as usual and pulled out of the hug. She wiped away the tears on her face and reluctantly walked away.

Tears? Jisoo didn't even notice Jennie was crying. Half of her shirt was drenched with tears.

She didn't want Jennie to get hurt but also didn't want the girl to panic.

Jisoo waited until Jennie left with the doctor so she could beg the receptionist to let her in.

"What if she cries again, Lili?"

"She'll be fine, unnie. It barely hurts." Chaeyoung, who just got her shot, reassured her.

Then realization hit her.

"OH MY GOD! what if she's mad at me for lying!"

Jisoo was pacing around the hall when a doctor finally came out of the room.