comfort | yuqi x soojin

despite not being the closest yuqi comforts soojin
relationship: platonic

soojin was always one to keep to herself. she never really ranted her problem to anyone.

normally she's the one her members come to. she has that aura where you could just tell her all your problems.

of course she doesn't mind them ranting to her at all. she normally provides them with advice or just sits there and listens to them.

like everyone she sometimes did need someone to be there for her and listen to all her problems.

normally she would go to soyeon, and sometimes miyeon. but at this moment she didn't really want to go to them with her problems.

soyeon was already carrying her own problems being the leader and songwriter of their group, and miyeon was busy on mcountdown.

soojin always lacked some self confidence when they first debuted.

she just wanted someone to reassure her, and tell her that she's good enough to be in this group.

soojin was going through a low at the moment. she really needed someone to listen to her.

she was afraid of being a burden to her members so she decided to just keep quiet about her feelings.

her members never really noticed because in general she's always quiet about these things.

she continued her week as normal, cooking for her members, cleaning around, and listening to their problems.

she knows they aren't trying to be selfish, she knows that all of them are having it hard.

she knew that she shouldn't have let her problems build up inside her but she did.

soojin grew more distant and cold towards her members. she didn't intend to, but her problems were starting to consume her.

the members started to slightly notice this change in soojin's personality.

soojin might be cold sometimes but she does show them lots of love too. she shows them her soft side a lot of times during the day, but right now we're just cold stares.

the members tried to find out what's wrong with her but she wouldn't open up to them.

it got so bad that she locked herself in her dorm room. she wanted to tell them so badly but something in her was stopping her. she doesn't know why.

it's been 3 days of her not coming out of her room unless if it was at 4am when everyone was asleep.

all her members kept trying to get into the room but when they got the door open soojin wasn't even there.

soyeon was the first one to try to get soojin to open up. she sat on the outside of soojin's door and tried speaking to her.

all she was met with was silence. not even a hum or anything. just silence.

shuhua tried next but ultimately failed. she thought it would work but it didn't. shuhua was known to be one of the closest with soojin.

what happened next was unexpected. out of all the people she didn't expect yuqi to knock on her door and tell her to open it.

she and yuqi weren't the closest pair. she did still care for the younger girl but they never really talk about their problems together. yuqi would normally go to shuhua.

she didn't know why but she just felt like she had to open up for yuqi.

slowly she opened the door and was met with an yuqi who had a concerned look drawn over her face.

she saw how restless soojin looked. she could see the korean's eye bags.

soojin moved aside to let yuqi inside.

"are you ok unnie?" was the first thing soojin heard from the beijing girl.

soojin didn't know what to say. she had a lot on her mind. she wished she could respond to the younger girl, but when she opened her mouth nothing came out.

she tried again and the only thing that came out was a small whimper. soojin doesn't know what got over her.

the older girl looked at the floor, she couldn't handle yuqi's eyes on her.

she started to feel warm tears coming down her cheek and dropping onto the floor.

soojin was a silent cryer, during her trainee days she learned how to be silent while crying so no one could hear her.

at first yuqi thought soojin was just thinking of a response, but then she saw tears dropping down to the floor.

she slowly walked to soojin and pulled her in for a tight hug.

soojin wrapped her arms around yuqi and cried into her shoulder.

yuqi slowly drew circles on the older woman's back, whispering reassuring words to her.

when soojin started to calm down more, yuqi pulled away from her, looked her in the eye, and took the courage to ask her the question everyone has been wanting to know the answer from.

"are you ok unnie? you know we're always here for you. you don't have to go through this alone."

soojin just stares into her eyes. she saw how concerned yuqi looked. she felt bad for not telling her members anything.

"i just feel like i'm a burden in this group. i don't think i'm a good dancer. i feel like i'm just a filler for this group. maybe my father had the point of trying to stop me for 2 years." soojin confessed, looking down at the ground.

yuqi didn't expect that coming from the dancer of the group.

soojin felt two fingers on her chin lifting her head up.

yuqi wasn't going to stand for self invalidation. "unnie you're the main dancer of this group, no one couldn't pull off what you can do. you complete this group, it would feel empty if you weren't here." yuqi pulled soojin into a tight embrace again.

"thank you. i really needed that." she heard soojin softly say.

"anytime unnie, but please tell her next time. we want you to open up to us more. you're not a burden. you're our friend, our family. we want to be there for you too."

she felt soojin nod into her shoulder.

"should we head outside and tell the others?."

soojin shook her head. "cuddle me, let's stay here for a while, it feels nice to have some warmth."

yuqi just nods and pulls her in closer.

at that moment, soojin could feel that everything would be ok in the end. even if she still had some self doubt, as long as she had all 5 of them she knew it would be ok.

it was the comfort she needed.