chapter 3

The ride home with Emma and Hina was short. They both sat up front while you sat in the back. Your eyes were fixated on the outside world, they tried to have conversations with you but you kept them short. You were not in the mood to talk, every time Mikey was out there handling "business" with Toman your stomach would instantly feel sick.

"Thanks for the ride," You said softly, you shut the door to her car not bothering to look back at them. Your family was also nowhere to be found, no one was in the kitchen or the living room. The wall up to your room was short, instantly you were flopping down on the bed. The clock read 12:01 am, one minute past your curfew. Any second your dad would walk through the door, the waiting became longer and longer.

He never came.

You quickly took a shower, the day had you emotionally drained to even have to light on. You drifted off into a deep slumber the minute your  head touched the pillow.

Throughout the night you kept checking your phone to see if Mikey texted, every hour you would roll over to a phone full of notifications but none of them were from Mikey. You even texted him a few times but he did not reply.

When the morning came you text him the usual, it was a good morning and I love you. Those were left on delivered just like the rest of your five messages. The clock on your phone read 9:26, it has been 6 hours since you last saw or heard from your boyfriend.

You fell back on your bed with your phone in your hands, prayers escaped your lips, you were hoping that Mikey was okay. He was known for being reckless, the last thing you wanted was for him to get hurt. Even the "Invincible Mikey" was still human.

"(Y/N)! Come down for breakfast."

Fuck, The last thing you wanted to do was go downstairs to face your family. You were already paranoid as it is. As much as Mikey went MIA it never failed you to be a wreck during those days he was gone. It honestly was exhausting to think about Mikey and his whereabouts, but you loved him. How could you not think about him?

You walked down the stairs of your home. Your family's loud laughter filled your ears, you pushed in the door of the kitchen to see everyone around the table. Your parents along with your aunt and uncle, which was weird. They'd usually come over for dinner once a week. Sometimes they would come over for breakfast but it was only on Sundays.

"Good morning." You acknowledged all of your family. You felt your uncle's gaze upon you when you walked into the room. The chatter from earlier died down once you stepped foot in the room, taking a seat next to your older brother he nudged your elbow grabbing your attention."Why does everyone look so tense." Your brother jokes, he was trying to get the attention off of you. Which definitely did not work.

Your uncle cleared his throat, "Well I'm here on the behalf of your dad (Y/N). He told me how you were hanging out with some gangsters, there was a gang fight yesterday."

You looked at your dad, he was completely ignoring you. His eyes were fixated on his food. Snitch, you thought to yourself. Now you have to sit here and listen to one of your uncle's boring lectures about gang fights. It was nothing new, you've heard it all before. It's not like his ted talks were going to keep you away.

"Really!?" Your older brother shouted he was always intrigued with everything your uncle had to say, well if it was dealing with his job. Your uncle was a detective, he was known for bringing up gruesome stories for you guys to hear. Today was no different.

You laughed when your uncle shot your brother a glare, he had completely interrupted his sentence. "Yeah, anyway. The fight left one kid in the hospital. He was beaten half to death with a wrench. The kids were barely alive when we got to him. It happened behind the fair."