chapter 4

He stopped directly in front of you, the nerves were there. Those talks that Mikey gave you about standing your ground had completely vanished from your head. It suddenly felt like you were being belittled by your dad again. You didn't know what to do. Now, you've never felt smaller in your entire life.

"When were you going to tell me that you beat someone half to death with a wrench?" You said softly, your eyes were everywhere but to him. You didn't intend for it to come out like that, you knew when you showed weakness it only irritated him. You and Mikey had been working so hard to build you up only for you to start tearing yourself back down.

"How do you know that!?... Matter of fact, that's none of your concern." He scoffed loudly, "(Y/N) go home."

"You are my concern!" You shouted back, you quickly covered your mouth. Something about his nonchalant attitude right now triggered something with you.

Mikey was taken aback, his eyebrows became furrowed together, he quickly smacked his teeth together, "I am to an extent (Y/N). Whenever I have this uniform on you don't have to be concerned about me." He turned away from you to leave before he could take a step you reached out to grab his jacket."I thought you were changing for me?"

He grabbed your cheeks pressing his forehead against your, "I'm trying but it's so fucking hard to get rid of bad habits baby." He smiled, he was actually smiling in front of you. It wasn't any ordinary smile no. It was the most sinister smile you have ever seen.

You released his jacket, something about this aura didn't sit right with you. Somehow you mangled your way out of his grip, the way he was smiling at you was not sitting right with your conscience.

"Were you going to kill him, Mikey?"

He only crossed his arms over his chest, he ran his tongue over his lips a few times. He was doing everything in his power to not answer your question.  He just stood there with his eyebrow cocked at you.

"Mikey, just tell me. I won't get mad."

"You won't get mad but you'll be disgusted with me." He muttered softly, his gaze found its way to the ground, his hands were now shoved deep in his pockets.

"Tell me." You whispered, you reached out to him to hold his hand. He snatched it away, a chuckle escaped his lips. He placed his hand over his mouth to contain his laughter, he was using that same smile. The eye contact was back, it was like staring in a dark hole. "I smashed his head in with a wrench and my foot. Honestly, it felt good, I haven't that rush of adrenaline in a long time."

"What?" Your worst fears came to the light. Mikey almost murdered someone, you weren't frightened about that. Admitilay you could forgive him for that, it was the fact that he didn't look remorseful. He looked so happy and full of energy when he said it."Why would you do that!?"

"What would you do when you have a gun barrel pointed down your face?" He seethed out, he took a step forward towering over you once again. "Huh?" He waited for you to give him an answer but you stayed mute, he deeply chuckled, "You wouldn't know because the streets didn't raise you. You don't know how it feels to survive, you've never had to survive a day in your life."

"I know bu-"

"You have no right to judge or question me about my actions. You don't know what the fuck is going on out here. I keep all of it away from you. You wanna know why?"

"Why," You said carefully, you didn't want to trigger him more than he was now.

"Because I don't want you fucked up like we are." He pulled you in close by your hips, his face found its way in your neck. You could feel his hot breath hovering over your ear, "I don't want you to fight those demons. Because let me tell you something, those demons are powerful and they'll get you to do some gruesome shit baby." He whispered softly in your ear, any other time you would have melted in his arms. This time you wanted nothing to do with him, you felt so disgusted by how he was holding you.