chapter 9

"Who was that?" Mikey asked, he stumbled over to where you were. Your back was turned to him, you faced the brick wall that was in front of you.

"My ride." You answered shortly, you wanted to cut the conversation short because you knew you were on the verge of tears.

"I clearly said I would give you a ride (Y/N)."

"You don't remember what happened last time you gave me a ride? I nearly died Mikey. I'm fine, plus you should be out there helping your members fight."

"You're more important."

You pushed him away from you,"You surely don't make me feel like it." You continued to walk out of the alleyway until you were met with the street lights. It was oddly quiet, no one was around except for you and Mikey. He was still behind you, throwing out curse words because he couldn't take you home.

"(Y/N)!"

"Leave me alone!" You sat on the steps of the market that you told Kenji to meet you in front of, Mikey followed you standing there blocking your view from the traffic driving by. He was trying so hard to get you to stop being mad at him. You weren't mad that the date got ruined, it was a perfect date even when you nearly died on his bike. It was the fact that he kept a secret that big from you. He had a gun on him this entire time and he didn't say anything about it.

He sighed, he took a seat next to you but you moved your arms so they wouldn't be touching. You both sat in silence, you wanted to keep it that way. You were tired of hearing words that came out of his mouth."I'm sorry?"

"Okay."

"What!? So you're mad now?"

"Of course I am!"

"Why are you mad at me!? You chose to date me, you knew what you're getting yourself into!"

"You didn't tell me about the gun!"

"Your dad carries a gun, what's the difference!"

"There's a freaking difference, Mikey! Leave me alone, my ride is coming soon."

You walked away from the steps of the stairs, leaving him in his angry rage. Mikey was never the one to let his emotions get the best of him when he was speaking to you but lately, he has been slacking. He's not the only one to blame, you have also been slacking with your emotions. You have been down each other's throats lately, there has been no middle for you both to see where the other is coming from.

"I'll wait here until your ride comes."
You scoffed, "Don't I rather be alone."Not really you were actually scared to sit out here by yourself. You just wanted to put up a front for him.

Mikey didn't say anything else, he sat back down on the stairs with his head in his hands. You kept fighting the urge to look at him, you knew if you did you'd feel bad about the entire situation. It wasn't his fault but you couldn't blame him either.

There was a feeling deep down that you felt, you felt like things with Mikey were slowly coming to an end. As much as you hated to admit it you knew it was true. He was willing to fight for the relationship but were you willing to fight for it? Was all of this chaos that is being caused in your relationship worth fighting for him.

"(Y/N)...tell me that you want this? Tell me that you still care for me and that you want me. I can't afford to lose any more people in my life."

You looked back at your boyfriend, he was pulling at the end of his long hair. His breathing was labored, it almost seemed like he was hyperventilating. That was something he tended to do when he would think about his parents or brother. He wasn't quite healed over what happened to them, he never learned how to deal with emotions. You tried to help him express himself with you or Emma but it always ended up with him beating someone to death.