CHAPTER 11

"Honeyby... wake up."

I scratched my eyes when someone jogged me on my shoulder. My vision was still blurry until it become clear and I got to see Joy's face. She was sitting beside me on the bed.

She smiled at me faintly.

Bumangon ako sa pagkakahiga, slowly revolving my head one sixty degrees. And I realize that I was in my room again. I flinch as the light from the sun fall on my face. Lumingon ako sa taong nasa tabi ko.

"Joy..." I said, forcing to smile but I couldn't, the sting of pain in my head is deteriorating.

She didn't speak. Instead, she stared at me blankly. I try to remeber what happened last night.

I prepared for our date. I waited for Joy but sadly she didn't come. I drank a lot and that screwed me up. She came in the middle on letting out of my ill feeling because of her not coming on our first date. She knock on the door and I walk dizzily and I opened the door for her. I called her by her name and then I hit my head in her shoulder and I almost fall down but she carried me. And then, she uttered words that I didn't hear it clearly.

Pilit kong inalala kung ano iyon.

Deiv, I'm sorry...

Napatingin ako sa kaniya. "Joy?" I called her out again. Ngumiti siya sa'kin at hindi ko mabatid kung anong klaseng ngiti iyon.

"I'm sorry kung hindi ako dumating," she started talking. Stared at her was all I can do for now.

"Na-nagkaroon lang ng problema sa hospital." wika niya bago ngumiti. Napahinto ako nang marealize ko na isa pala siyang frontliner.

Kaya pala bigla nalang siyang umalis kahapon? Eh, ba't hindi man lang siya nagpaalam sa akin?

I shook my head to vanish the thoughts. Ang importante, nandito na siya ngayon.

She smiled at me once again. "O-okay lang... naiintindihan ko." wika ko bago ko siya ngitian.

Silence ensued after. I don't know what to do. I don't know what to say.

"K-kumain kana ba?" tanong ko sa kaniya at umiling lang ito. Napahawak ako sa ulo ko nang maramdamang kumirot na naman ito.

"Masakit parin ba yung ulo mo? Uminom kana ba ng gamot?" sunod-sunod niyang tanong. I slightly shook my head to make her not worry for my state.

Seeing her now loses the pain in my head. She's like my antidote.

Natawa nalang ako sa naisip ko. It might sound that cringy but it is all what I'm feeling for. The moment I saw her last night evaporate the worry winning down through my system. Fuck this feelings.

"I'll cook food for us, Honeyby." saad ko at ngumisi ito sa akin.

We're back to our challenge. We're back to this FAKE relationship that we had settled, and that both of us broke the rules that we had implemented.

But in my case, I'm still not sure.

I fell in deep thought.

Knowing that she already broke one of the rules, is already taken for granted that she have to be punished. But without her knowing that I'm also losing out this part of the game is what I'm keeping by myself. There's no way she would know it. Maybe, not now. I still don't have the courage to confront her for that. And again, hindi pa ako sigurado.

So, certainly right now, she and I know that she had violated on of the rules. On the other side, I also infringed on what our agreement stated. Mine is worse. I also about to broke the only rule she had. But then again, I have to keep it just by myself.