mom

⚠️

⚠️

"Ma!" I hollered walking in the door.
"Hey baby I'm back here!" She replied loudly.
I haven't seen either of my parents in over a month. They just sporadically pop in and out of my life since I was eleven. Don't get me wrong they're great people when they're around but technically they would probably be considered negligent. I'll be 18 in two months and I gotta feeling I'll be seeing them even less soon.
I stood in the doorway of her bedroom and watched her empty out one suitcase and slowly fill up another.
"Where's dad?" I asked nonchalantly.
"He's in London right now but he'll be flying to Brazil in 3 days...Oh! Did he tell you the house is paid off??? We're looking at a properties in the UK right now and we were thinking that you could keep this one. You know that way you wouldn't have to worry about housing when you start college" She explained enthusiastically.
"Wow. That's cool mom, thanks I guess" I replied with little emotion.
She walked over to me and gently cupped my face in her hands. I closed my eyes and soaked up the feeling of my mothers touch that's so rare it may as well be a Christmas or birthday present.
"You're so beautiful baby, when is this baggy, gothic, weird phase gonna end huh? You know boys don't like that right?" She winked and I cringed.
"Jesus mom" I rolled my eyes and walked off to my room. Talk about short lived affection.
"Baby I didn't mean anything by it" she called out from her room.
"Have a safe trip mom!" I yelled shutting my door and throwing myself on my bed.

I must've fallen asleep for a minute because when I woke up mom was gone but she left an envelope taped to my door with money and a note.

She didn't even say goodbye.

Billie,
I love you sweetheart and I'm so proud of how independent you are. I know you've already got the credit card and your bank card but here's a little cash for whatever. Have a wonderful weekend. I'll call you when I get back to London.
Love you-
Mom

I shook my head, crumpled it up and threw it across the room.
"Fuck you" I mumbled.

My phone started to ring and it was fucking Aarick. I don't even care what happens tonight, I am not dealing with his bullshit right now. I packed a bag of clothes and stuff and headed over to Ashton's for her party.

"Bils!!!" Ashton yelled at me from upstairs in her room.
"Wus up!?" I yelled; trudging my way up to her room.
"How does this look? Be honest" she smiled hopelessly.
"Ash why you so worried about it? You already got Miles" I laughed.
"I'm worried about it because it's MY PARTY & the host is supposed to be the flyest one there annnnnd I wanna KEEP Miles" she winked.
"You look good, you always look good bro stop stressing" I laughed softly.
"Thanks babe" She cheesed.

An hour later her house was full of about 15 people so far but Miles and Veda hadn't shown up yet. I was low key hoping she would come, I really like her energy. I have a lot of acquaintances but Ash is the only person I would consider a close friend.
But now that she has a boyfriend and I'm officially over the third wheel shit.