Chapter 3 - The Rebellion

Author's Note: In which two certain brothers finally decide to hug it out. =D And the others continue realizing exactly how messed up Anakin is. ;~;

~ Rivana Rita

If there's a fic you'd like us to write, I have a SW fic request form which you can fill out. We'll gift write all the requests we get... eventually. :D The link is as follows, but with no spaces: forms . gle / rmXWtRomMMaULuPa6

We also made a tribute for Anakin on our new YT channel. Check it out if you're interested. :P Again, no spaces in the link: youtu . be / T9hdVkokQa4

~ Amina Gila

Kanan isn't really sure what it was that woke him up this time. He feels more alert at least, so he takes that as a plus. Ezra is curled up next to him on the seats which they decided to temporarily turn into bed Kanan isn't really sure what it was that woke him up this time. He feels more alert at least, so he takes that as a plus. Ezra is curled up next to him on the seats which they decided to temporarily turn into beds throughout the rest of their trip, still fast asleep. Vader – Anakin, he reminds himself. Not Vader, apparently – and Ahsoka are curled up together across from him. The Togruta is sleeping, but the former Sith is staring up at the ceiling, his eyes open.

Kanan stares at him for a moment, tempted to start talking but then deciding against it. After all, why would he even want to? This is a Sith Lord, Darth Vader, no less. The other boy turns his head a bit but doesn't move other than that lest he awaken Ahsoka who's sleeping against him, blue eyes narrowing a little. Okay, maybe staring at him wasn't the best idea.

"You shouldn't be here," he grumbles in spite of himself.

"Why don't you talk to Ahsoka about it? I'm sure she'd be more than happy to kick me out," he retorts, a tinge of bitterness in his voice before he looks back up at the ceiling.

A sudden beeping reminds Kanan instantly of exactly what it is that's about to happen. Right. They were on the way to the Rebel base, and are about to see Hera again, and – oh no. The ship jolts out of hyperspace and Kanan scrambles down from the not-bed they'd been sleeping on. "Come on, we're there," he calls, heading up to the controls and spinning the chair around with way too much effort. The others are getting up grumpily behind him when Kanan is dragging himself up into the seat. It's insanely high. Even worse, he'd have to stand to reach the ship's controls. This is ridiculous.

"There's no way we're just going to get off the ship in front of everyone and announce that we have Darth Vader with us," Ezra declares flatly.

"Chopper, land the ship," Kanan requests, sitting down grumpily. "And no, Ezra, we can't."

"Well. What do we do?"

"Why not send your droid out there if it's such a problem?" Anakin suggests.

"Good idea," Ahsoka agrees. The Phantom lands, and the engine dies with a whirr while she walks over to the droid. "Why don't you just tell Hera there were some complications and we can discuss them on the Ghost?"

Chopper beeps and salutes her with one of his arms. He plugs himself in again to open the door.

"Everyone. Get out of sight," Kanan warns, spinning the seat around. Ezra scrambles over to him and is half-way into the seat – they're so small two of them can squeeze into the tiny space – by the time the ramp lowers. The other two just take the floor in front of the seat. He hears Chopper rolling away and the sound of talking outside, which he doesn't risk paying attention to. It would've been much easier if they just went to the Ghost right away. Why didn't he think about it? Oh, right. He did. He just doesn't want to see Hera right away.